Want to create a striking desert terrarium for lizards and snakes but without the fuss? Exo Terra Barrel Cactus plastic plants add instant drama with low-maintenance, long-lasting results. Cactus replicas look ultra-realistic, but without the demands of caring for real plants. They can be arranged and cleaned as easy as any other artificial décor. Enhance your terrarium, create hiding and climbing spots, enlarge the dwelling area, and more! Desert plants feature cast-stone bases with realistic rock look for exceptional stability. 6.5" x 6.75" x 6.75".
Benefits of Artificial Terrarium Decorations
Decorating with artificial décor such as realistic rock replicas and artificial driftwood has many added benefits. They are durable and won't degrade or break over time. Plus, you'll never have to worry about these decorations releasing pH-altering minerals, or introducing unwanted living organisms into terrarium water. Artificial terrarium décor provides terrarium inhabitants with secure hiding spots, instant interest and are available in assorted sizes, styles, and colors to match any budget and preference.
- Immediate terrarium enhancement - simply rinse and place in the desired location.
- Very little maintenance - just clean decorations with a soft brush when needed.
- Durable décor is not affected by water current, lighting, or the aggressiveness of your terrarium inhabitants.
- Unlike real wood, they will not affect water chemistry or water clarity.
- Great for anchoring plants or providing shelter for terrarium inhabitants.
Rinse each piece with clean, fresh water before introducing into the terrarium.
Cleaning and Handling
- Clean periodically to remove organic matter or algae. Scrub each with a medium bristle brush and spray with a pressure nozzle.
- To remove more persistent organic material or algae, soak overnight in an organic cleaner.
- Use a weak solution of water and chlorine-based bleach as an algaecide for final cleaning. DO NOT immerse in concentrations greater than 10% for longer than 2-3 minutes.
- Always rinse thoroughly and use a dechlorinator before placing into the terrarium.