Superior UV solution for large ponds and water features. Emperor Aquatics SMART HO Pond UV Clarifiers employ high output T6 UV lamps offering nearly twice the UV lamp output than standard low-pressure UV lamps. It's like having two powerful UV clarifiers that take up the space of one unit!
HO T6 UV lamps are put to best use thanks to the signature SMART UV design. Long-lasting UV lamps are positioned entirely between the inlet/outlet ports so the entire length of the lamp is utilized. The result is nearly commercial strength UV protection against harmful aquarium pathogens.
SMART HO UV Clarifiers employ Emperor Aquatics' exclusive remote SMART ballasts designed to operate the UV lamp at peak efficiency. Precise input wattage to the UV lamp optimizes performance for long-lasting, reliable use. High quality watertight UV sterilizers boast durable, heavy-wall construction for years of trouble-free operation. Adjust flow rate based on use. 2" Union Ports for inlet & outlet. 5-3/4" diameter.
|Algae & Bacteria
- Watertight construction
- Durable, heavy-wall construction for years of trouble-free operation
- Larger size to provide greater UV exposure area
- UV Lamp(s) positioned entirely between the inlet/outlet ports to maximize UV-C output
- UV lamps made of chemically treated Hard Quartz "L" Glass prevents significant loss of UV transmittance
- Longest-lasting UV lamps deliver an impressive 12,000 hours of continual operation while still maintaining 80% efficiency
- Easy-to-operate Quartz Sleeve/UV Lamp Power Assembly
- SMART Ballasts deliver precise input wattage to the lamp, maximizing UV-C output and UV Lamp life
- SMART Ballasts are sealed and resist water damage in the event of a quartz sleeve failure
- Clear viewing ports positioned at both ends of the UV Sterilizer housing
- Quartz Sleeve Wipers allow for easy removal of soft waste deposits without interrupting UV Lamp operation
Emperor Aquatics SMART UV Sterilizers Manual PDF (all models).
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Shop all Pond UV Clarifiers.
SMART UVs require no additional hardware for wet applications. Regardless of the application, solid waste should be removed from the water before it enters the UV Clarifier. Proper installation improves performance, longevity and safety. Install SMART UVs where they can be easily serviced.
Do not operate the UV Clarifier with a new installation containing fish until the water has been tested, showing that the nitrification cycle has been completed and biologically balanced.
External or Submersible Pump Installation
Match the SMART UV capacity to the re-circulating flow rate performance of the pump. Installing a check valve after the UV Clarifier will eliminate back-siphoning. Installing true-union ball valves will allow flow adjustments and UV Sterilizer removal. For best results, install a saddle-style water flow meter, mounted horizontally on the outlet side of the UV Clarifier. Follow the water flow meter manufacturer's instructions for proper installation and operation.
External or Submersible Pump Installation w/ by-pass manifold
This installation configuration is identical to the External or Submersible Pump Installation but with the addition of a bypass manifold. The bypass is used to deliver a precise water flow to the SMART UV Clarifier when the overall clean water return flow rate exceeds the UV's capacity.
Installing a check valve after the UV Clarifier will eliminate back-siphoning. Installing true-union ball valves will allow flow adjustments and easy UV Clarifier removal for servicing. For best results, install a saddle-style water flow meter, mounted horizontally on the outlet side of the UV Clarifier. Follow the water flow meter manufacturer's instructions for proper installation and operation.