||Redesigned pond ultraviolet clarifier simplifies bulb replacement
||Optimize pond UV performance with a new UV bulb each season
||Cleansing UV light eliminates unsightly green pond water algae
||Chemical-free way to keep ponds and water gardens clean & clear
New design simplifies pond UV (ultraviolet) lamp replacement for optimum clarifier performance. Laguna UV sterilizer/clarifier streamlines the lamp replacement process so it's easy to start each pond season with a fresh UV Lamp. Ballast separates away from UV body without tangling power cord or plumbing. Universal click-fit connectors further increase plumbing ease for extreme installation and maintenance convenience.
Laguna UV sterilizer/clarifier features a spiral chamber for longer UV exposure to water. Longer UV exposure time means 50% more efficient performance for beautiful ponds with lasting clear water. LED indicator light shows the UV bulb is working. Mount the Laguna UV Clarifier either horizontally or vertically with included mounting brackets. Eliminate murky green pond water without the use of harsh chemicals with the environmentally-friendly Laguna UV Sterilizer/Clarifier.
Requires appropriately sized
water pump and
tubing. For external use. Install in-line after pond water has passed through a filter for best sterilization effect. All models have hose connection sizing of 3/4", 1", or 1-1/4".
||11.5" x 18" long
||11.5" x 28" long
||11.5" x 51" long
Laguna UV Sterilizer/Clarifier Instructions PDF and
Laguna UV Sterilizer/Clarifier Manual PDF
(Both require Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
UV Sterilizer/Clarifier Installation
Warning: Do not install the UV sterilizer/clarifier in the pond. Do not immerse in water.
Check that the installation is done correctly before plugging in the appliance.
- The cord should be protected from abrasion, cuts and any other damage.
- Do not use the UV sterilizer/clarifier for any other purpose than that which it is intended.
- Do not use this appliance in swimming pools or other situations where people are immersed.
Connecting the Hosing
The UV sterilizer/clarifier comes with two Universal Click-Fit couplings which allow hosing connections of 3/4", 1" or 1-1/4" (19, 25, 32 mm) in diameter. Simply cut the couplings at the appropriate increment using a small hack saw and attach the proper hosing. If you wish to connect 1-1/2" (38 mm) hosing, use a Laguna 1-1/2" (38 mm) hosing connector (sold separately -PT638). Attach one end of the hosing to one coupling then click it onto the UV sterilizer/clarifier. Do the same with the other hosing. Note that either opening on the unit can be used as the entry point for the water.
Installing the UV Sterilizer/Clarifier
Depending on pond set up, the unit may be installed horizontally or vertically using the mounting brackets supplied. It is recommended that the appliance be secured by the mounting brackets on a wooden board. The board can be laid on the ground or secured to a fence.
Configuring the UV Sterilizer/Clarifier
The unit can be configured in many different ways. Typically, water should flow from the pond pump to the external filter, then to the UV sterilizer/clarifier.
Ensuring the UV-C Lamp Is Working
The UV sterilizer/clarifier is designed with a green LED light on the head of the unit. You can easily tell when the UV is working when the LED light is green. If the LED light is not illuminated then: a) there is no power being supplied to the unit (check connection and circuit breaker) or b)the UV-C emitter lamp has burnt out. See Changing UV-C Lamp and Cleaning the Quartz Sleeve for instructions regarding the replacement of the UV-C emitter lamp. Warning: Never look at a UV-C lamp when it is switched on. Doing so can severely damage your eyesight. When disconnecting the water pump from the power supply, also disconnect the UV sterilizer/clarifier from the power supply to prevent overheating of the UV unit. Never operate the UV/sterilizer/clarifier without water flow through the unit.
Changing the UV-C Lamp and Cleaning the Quartz Sleeve
To maintain optimum performance, the UV-C lamp should be replaced each year; an ideal time is spring. For cleaning, simply use a cloth: do not use detergents or other chemical cleaners.
- Unplug or disconnect all appliances in the pond from the power supply.
- Stop the water supply and disconnect the hoses.
- Removing the UV-C lamp: twist the locking screw at the head of the unit and carefully separate pulling the UV-C lamp out. Warning: Never look at an illuminated UV-C lamp.
Removing the Quartz Sleeve
- Unscrew the 4 stainless steel screws and pull out the square piece that contains the quartz sleeve. May require a bit of force to pull out. Tip - use a magnetic screw driver.
- Check to ensure quartz sleeve is undamaged.
- Clean the quartz sleeve and polish with a soft cloth or paper towel. In case of stubborn dirt or lime scale, some vinegar may be used. Do not use detergents or other chemical cleaners. Avoid touching with bare hands.
- Make sure that internal parts of the appliance are dry before, during and after the maintenance operations.
Replacing the Quartz Sleeve
- Reposition the quartz sleeve by lining up the pin found on unit to the hole on the plastic end of the quartz sleeve.
- Once properly in place, fasten all 4 screws with the screw driver.
Replacing the UV-C Lamp
- Holding the new UV-C lamp with a cloth, carefully insert the 4 prongs into their socket - be sure the line up the prongs properly. Do not touch UV-C lamp with bare hands.
- Reposition the UV enclosure and tighten the locking screw.
- Check that all the components are present and have been reassembled in a correct way; if in doubt; consult your local dealer for replacement parts.
- Check that there are no leaks inside the appliance before re-connecting it to the power supply after maintenance.
Winterizing/Storing at the End of the Pond Season
In cold winter climates, unplug and remove your UV sterilizer/clarifier at the end of the pond season. Drain the water from the unit and store indoors.