Create fun, solar-powered water features in areas without electrical outlets. Use the Mini to add water movement in birdbaths or small ponds (such as container ponds), or to run spitters. It features a memory function that remembers the time of day you first turned on the solar pump and turns it on at the same time every day. Mini also includes LED lights to create a dramatic effect. The Maxi is a small, in-pond water fountain. Solar panel included.
|Mini Solar Pump Kit w/LED
|Mini Solar Pump Kit w/o LED
|Maxi Solar Pump Kit
These solar pump kits are designed for indoor or outdoor use with a fountain, birdbath, or pond. The pump is powered by a solar panel. In order for the pump to work, the solar panel needs to be placed in direct sunlight, facing the sun. The performance of the pump depends on the season, amount of sunlight and the position of the solar panel.
Mini Solar Pump
This solar pump is designed with a Memory Function to remember the time you switched on the solar pump for the first time; this function will then switch on the pump at that time every day.
- Once installed, allow the solar pump to charge at least eight hours in direct sunlight in order to fully charge the battery.
- Turn On and Turn Off the Solar Pump System: Push the "ON" button. The green indicator light "pump on" will turn on. The pump will begin to work for 4 hours and stops automatically (Note: LED lights work only at night).
- Low Battery: If the battery is low, the red indicator light will blink to show the battery status. Now you need to allow the solar panel to charge the battery pack for at least 4 hours in direct sunlight, without frequently turning on the pump.
- Memory Function: The memory function is designed to remember the time at which you switched on the solar pump for the first time; this function will then turn the pump on at that time every day.
How to use The Memory Function:
- Push the "ON" button, the solar pump will begin to work and will stop when it reaches 4 hours or when the electricity stored in the battery is used up.
- The pump will begin operation automatically at the same time every day after you initiate the memory function.
- Push the "OFF" button to stop the pump and the memory function, and to reset when required.
Cleaning and maintenance
Solar Panel: The panel should be cleaned periodically with a soft tissue. Regular cleaning of the panel is advised to maintain optimum conversion of the sun's energy into power.
Pump: lf, after a period of time, the pump starts to lose power or stops working,check for the buildup of sediment, scale or dirt in the filter. Remove the pump cover and the impeller cover. Clean them and the filter with fresh water.
- Unpack all components carefully.
- Place the pump underwater and make sure that it is fully immersed in water. Use the three flexible suction cups to stick the pump to the bottom of fountain pool. In case the pump tube output is under the surface of water, you can raise the pump by using stones or a brick underlay.
- Connect the fountainhead and LED light as required.
- Adjust the water jet as needed.
- Connect the pump cable to the socket of the control housing on the rear side of the solar panel.
- Connect the LED light cable to the socket of the control housing.
Maxi Solar Pump
Assembly and Use
- Carefully unpack components.
- Unroll the pump cable.
- Attach the solar panel cable to the pump.
- Place the pump in desired location, making sure it is completely submerged underwater.
- Place the solar panel in a location where it would receive at least 8 hours of sunlight.
Cleaning and Maintenance
If the pump starts to lose power or stops, check the pump for buildup of dirt inside the pump.
- Disconnect the pump from the solar panel.
- Carefully remove the bottom of the pump.
- Remove any debris from the bottom of the pump housing, using clean water.
- Carefully pry off the impeller cover and remove any debris in the impeller housing.
- Carefully re-assemble the pump and re-connect it to the solar panel.
To clean the solar panel, wipe gently with a soft, nonabrasive cloth that has been moistened with clean water.