Broad-spectrum medication treats parasitic, bacterial, and fungal infections. MinnFinn is the easiest treatment on the market to use. Treatment time is only one hour and no water changes are needed when you are done. NeuFinn, required with MinnFinn use, neutralizes and stops the treatment immediately, returning your pond's water chemistry back to its original and proper levels, with a slight elevation in oxygen levels. This ends the treatment quickly when necessary, giving you a wide margin of safety.
Once neutralized, MinnFinn breaks down into water, oxygen, and carbon dioxide. No water changes are required at the end of the treatment, saving you time and money. MinnFinn treats diseases cause by parasites, bacteria, or fungi. Controls protazoal parasites (e.g. Costia and Trichodina) in one treatment. Controls flukes in one to two treatments, depending on species. Controls Ich in three treatments over 5 days. Includes one-liter (1,000 ml) bottle of MinnFinn and one 387-gram pouch of NeuFinn. Kit treats 2,240 gallons. Do not use with invertebrates.
Shop all koi or pond fish medications
NeuFinn is a proprietary chemical formulation specifically created to fully neutralize MinnFinn after treatment.
Application of MinnFinn (Part 1)
- One bottle treats 2,240 gallons.
- It is recommended that the user wear gloves and eye protection when applying MinnFinn.
- Make sure you have an accurate pond volume to avoid over dose and under dose.
- Increase aeration to pond to maximize oxygen levels and to ensure proper mixing of treatment.
- When treating flukes and Costia, leave filter online for the first treatment. When treating other diseases placing filter on bypass is optional. If left online, expect small impact on nitrification for 2 to 3 days. Bypass filter for further treatments.
- Dilute the required quantity of MinnFinn in a 3/4 full 5-gallon bucket using water from the pond to be treated or tap water for up to 250 ml of MinnFinn. Use a separate bucket for each 250 ml of MinnFinn to be applied.
- Spread the mixture around the entire edge of the pond or in the upwelling from an air diffuser to ensure good mixing, which will reduce the potential of an area of high concentration fish may pass through.
- Let MinnFinn treatment run for one hour.
- Normal treatment behavior will be lethargy, mild to moderate increase in respiration, and possible mild agitation.
- See required NeuFinn* directions for preparation prior to the end of the treatment.
- If fish appear severely distressed indicated by rolling over and appear to be falling asleep, apply NeuFinn* immediately anytime during the treatment.
- Do not use with any other treatment.
*Preparation and application of NeuFinn (Part 2) REQUIRED
- Mix the required amount of NeuFinn neutralizer in 3/4 of a 5-gallon bucket with either pond water or tap water. Use a separate bucket for each 1/4 bag of NeuFinn applied.
- After the one-hour MinnFinn treatment is completed, apply the dissolved NeuFinn to the pond in the same manner as you did the MinnFinn around the perimeter of the pond or over an air diffuser.
- Return water flow to the pond and/or filter.
For each 100 gallons of pond water, treat and neutralize with the following:
- 1.6 fl oz (44.63 ml) of MinnFinn.
- 3 measured teaspoons (17.25 grams) of NeuFinn neutralizer.
For each 2,000 gallons of pond water, treat and neutralize with the following:
- 30.1 fl oz (892 ml) of MinnFinn.
- 1-1/4 cups (345 grams) of NeuFinn neutralizer.
- Do not use with invertebrates.
- Not for use on food fish.
- If water becomes cloudy, do water changes and monitor ammonia and nitrite levels.
- Do not use with any other treatments. Also do not use for 7 days following a nitrofurizone treatment of other furan type medication.
Safety (also see bottle)
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not ingest.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Storage and Disposal
- Store in original container.
- Bottle contains liquid product with a vented cap.
- Store with indicated side up to prevent leakage.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
- Maintain temperature below 75°F.
- Avoid contact with combustible materials.
- Avoid contamination from any source, including metals, dust, etc. Such contamination may cause rapid decomposition, generation of large quantities of oxygen gas, and high pressures.