3-in-1 unit multitasks as pond filter, UV clarifier, and illuminated fountain at one great price! Pond Boss Complete Floating UV Filter with Pump helps you save time and money by providing pond filtration, lighting, aeration AND algae control. In about five minutes, you can enjoy an ultraviolet clarifier that sets up without complicated plumbing. Simply place, anchor, and plug in.
Pond Boss Complete Floating UV Filter with Pump features a large sponge filter pad that provides mechanical and biological filtration while built-in 5 Watt UV clarifier boosts pond water quality and clarity. Pond Boss Complete Floating UV Filter with Pump draws pond water to the surface and out through the fountainhead to create a delightful display that improves water circulation and vital gas exchange. Four brilliant, built-in LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) illuminate the fountain for an enchanting nighttime display.
Pond Boss Complete Floating UV Filter with Pump measures 11.81" x 11.81" x 13.40" high and is recommended for ponds and water gardens up to 750 gallons with no pre-existing algae issues and ponds and water gardens up to 400 gallons with preexisting algae issues. Replacement Filter Sponge (Mfg# FRUVFL) measures 5.59" in diameter and 3.86" high.
Shop all Pond Water Fountains.
Tools Required for Assembly: Philips head screwdriver, string and rock.
- Connect the fountainhead to the Pond Boss.
- If desired, anchor the Pond Boss in the pond using a heavy object (such as a rock) and some string. Cut a length of string slightly longer than the depth of the pond. Tie one end of the string to the anchor and the other end to the ring at the bottom of the float.
- Place the Pond Boss into the water and connect to a proper power source.
In order to ensure optimal operation of the Pond Boss, the following procedures should be performed periodically. When the performance of the water flow through the fountainhead is reduced - it is an indication that cleaning of the unit is needed.
- Unplug the power cord, and then carefully remove the Pond Boss assembly from the pond.
- Turn the Pond Boss assembly upside down. Remove the locking screw.
- Remove the fountainhead and the top locking nut. Then remove the top cover.
- Twist the top section counterclockwise. Then pull the top section from the lower. Unscrew the wire connector that connects the top section to the rest of the unit.
- Lift the pump and filter assembly up from the fountain. NOTE: In order to extract the filter assembly from the flotation basket, the main power cord must be fed up through the bottom of the flotation basket.
- Remove the filter pad and rinse until it is clean. Then reassemble the pump and filter assembly.
Care & Maintenance
- A visible drop in water flow or increased algae in the pond are indications that your filter pad, pump, and/or UV clarifier portion of the unit require cleaning.
- Before attempting to disassemble the Pond Boss or clean the pump, UV clarifier or any portion of the unit, always disconnect the unit from the power source.
- Disassemble the unit in accordance with the Disassembly Procedure section of this instruction sheet.
Cleaning the Pump
- Ensure the pump is disconnected from all other components comprising the unit.
- Inspect the pump by removing the front screen and impeller assembly, clean parts of the pump, and clean in warm water.
- Reassemble the pump and reposition and connect the low voltage power cables.
To maximize the performance of the UV clarifier portion of the unit, periodically disassemble the unit to clean dirt and debris from the exterior of the glass tube and reflector located in the lamp housing.
Be sure that the entire unit is completely dry and gaskets are properly seated when reassembling the UV clarifier. Failure to do so will result in water leakage, which can cause damage to the light unit.
- Disconnect the UV light from the outlet. Be sure to allow sufficient time for the light to cool before disassembling the light.
- Unscrew the locking ring, and pull out the light unit.
- Carefully pull out the glass tube holder by twisting and then pull out.
- Use warm water to clean the glass tube.
- Reassemble the UV clarifier, and be sure that all gaskets and O-rings are seated properly.