Have reliable running water even in below freezing temperatures. Pirit Heated Hose is a heavy-duty, cold-weather hose with heater wires extruded directly into the hose walls. This means uniform heating and unrestricted water flow tested to minus (-) 42°F!
This is indispensible for ponds or outdoor tasks requiring running water in below-freezing temperatures; hose with reel protects your hose from weather all year long. Hose features high-quality knit reinforcing and an abrasion resistant cover made for outdoor use. Protective band restrictors at both ends provide added protection during freezing temperatures. Thermostatically-controlled heated hose activates only when ambient temperature approaches freezing temperatures for energy efficient operation. Run continuously or simply plug in when needed. MET Listed and FDA-approved materials for potable water. 5/8" Heated Hose with nickel plated brass coupling available in three lengths: 25 ft, 50 ft, or 100 ft.
Please click "More Information" for specifications and features.
- Knit reinforcing
- Abrasion resistant cover
- Grounded solid brass male/female coupling (standard brass garden hose fittings)
- Protective band restrictors at both ends
- Grounded power supply with LOCKNDRY compatible connector
Care and Use of your Pirit Heated Hose
Note: This hose is for normal farm and garden use and light commercial use only.
- Simply unroll hose to use as you would a normal garden hose.
- Screw the Female End (near the electrical cord) of the hose onto your faucet. Make sure the washer is in place inside the Female Coupling.
- Plug the 3-prong cord into a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) or a properly-grounded 3-hole outlet that is protected by a GFCI.
- The heater is thermostatically controlled and will not turn on unless the ambient temperature approaches freezing temperatures.
- It is good practice to drain and unplug the hose when not in use to extend the lifetime of the hose.
- If water is frozen inside the hose, allow several minutes for the ice to melt after plugging in the hose and before use.
- To ensure continued protection against electrical shock, connect to properly grounded outlets only.
- This hose is NOT designed to provide freeze protection to your water supply. Be sure to take appropriate measures to protect your water supply.
- This hose is an appliance and should be respected and treated as such.
- To extend the lifetime of the hose, unplug and drain the hose. Remove attachments when not in use.