||Professional waterfall filter at a great, home pond owner price
||Install a beautiful waterfall that provides biological pond filtration
||Waterfall filter naturally breaks down toxic ammonia in pond water
Think you can't equip your backyard pond with a professional waterfall filter? With the PondBuilder Inc. Serenity Waterfall Filter, you enjoy the professional quality and dramatic effect of an impressive waterfall without the fear of going over budget. Affordable waterfall filter provides biological filtration that naturally breaks down toxic pond pollutants such as ammonia. Energetic water movement created by the 14" wide waterfall spillway aerates pond water for a healthy environment for fish. Use with your pond skimmer filter or pair with the PondBuilder Serenity Skimmer (#71895) to complete your pond filtration system. The Serenity Waterfall Filter measures 19" x 15-1/2" x 14-1/2 high.
Includes: Filter/Waterfall Unit with 1-1/2" Inlet, Bio Filter Mat, BioTwist Media with Net, Plumbing Fittings and Installation Instructions.
|Max Pond Size
||Max Flow Rate
|8 ft x 11 ft or similar
Choose Waterfall Location
Assemble Waterfall Plumbing
- The waterfall should be positioned so that the water flowing from it enters the pond opposite the skimmer to ensure proper water circulation. The waterfall is best positioned so that you can view it from the outdoor and indoor areas where you plan to enjoy your new water feature.
- You can position the waterfall right at the ponds edge or at the top of a stream.
Position Waterfall Box
- Your PondBuilder Serenity Waterfall Box has one spinweld fitting, located on the back side near the bottom of the box. Thread the PVC 90 adapter (included) into that spinweld (use Teflon® Tape (not included) on the threads first).
Hook-Up Flexible PVC Pipe
- Compact the area where the Waterfall Box will sit to prevent future settling. The Waterfall Box should sit level from side to side and should be tilted forward slightly (about 1/4 bubble on your level) to ensure that the water flows forward through the spillway.
- Using soil, backfill around both sides and the back of the Waterfall Box.
Attach Liner to Waterfall
- The Serenity Waterfalls are plumbed to accept 1.5" Flexible PVC Pipe. It is recommended to use Flexible PVC pipe as it is very flexible and easy to work with.
- Using PVC Primer & Cement, glue the flex pipe into the PVC male adapter.
- If you are using Vinyl or Kink-Free Tubing, first glue the barbed fitting into the PVC 90 adapter using PVC Primer & Cement. Then attach the tubing to the barbed end and secure with a hose clamp.
Install Filter Media
- Bring the liner up to the face of the Waterfall Box and check the positioning of the liner against the Waterfall Box. The liner should follow the contours of the pond edge or stream and the face of the Waterfall Box. It is a good idea to leave a little slack in the liner where it transitions from the pond edge or stream to the face of the Waterfall Box. This will ensure that the weight of the rocks used in the waterfalls will not pull down on the liner.
- Using boulders and rockwork, begin building the waterfall up the face of the box. Be sure to keep the liner pinched into position against the waterfall with the rockwork. The Serenity Waterfall has several drip points that will not allow any water to leak between the liner and the Waterfall Box when installed properly.
- Another option is to bring the liner up behind the Waterfall Box so that the entire box is sitting inside the liner.
- Position the filter mat horizontally in the bottom of the Waterfall Box. The Serenity Waterfall includes one white mat.
- Place the BioTwist Biological Media on top of the white mat.
Filters up to 1200 Gallons
Max Flow Rate of Pump:
1800gph (pump not included)
19" x 15.5" x 14.5"H
Includes Filter Mat & BioTwist Media
Maximum Pond Size:
Up to 8 ft x 11 ft or Similar
Includes 1.5" Fittings for Kink-Free, Vinyl, or PVC Flex Hose
Filter/Waterfall Unit, Bio Filter Mat, BioTwist Media with Net, Plumbing Fittings & Installation Instructions.