Automate regular bird misting with greater ease. Zoo Med ReptiRain Automatic Misting Machine for Birds features a strong and quiet pump with enough power to mist up to two bird cages at once. Set programmable mister to deliver a hydrating mist every hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or 12 hours at 15, 30, 45, or 60 second spray durations.
Zoo Med ReptiRain Automatic Misting Machine features an adjustable spray pattern and an indicator light that allows simple visual confirmation of operation (red when unit is on and green when spraying). 28 oz. self-contained water reservoir with external level indicator ensures a ready supply of water. Great for bird cages, aviaries, indoor gardens or anywhere regular misting is a must.
Includes adjustable mounting hooks, 4-point suction cup hold down, remote nozzle extension and 6-watt AC adapter. Zoo Med ReptiRain Automatic Misting Machine measures 7" x 9" high and 4-1/4" deep. Use RO (Reverse Osmosis), distilled or filtered water for best, long-term use.
Downloadable Zoo Med ReptiRain Automatic Misting Machine Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free.)
Shop all Bird Grooming Products.
Please click "More Information" for application and helpful tips.
The ReptiRain automatically increases the relative humidity level in your terrarium, provides drinking water for your animals, and can stimulate breeding activity in many rainforest species. The ReptiRain is designed for the following applications:
- Bird Cages or Aviaries: In captivity, bird keepers frequently "mist" their pet canaries, parakeets, parrots, etc.
- The ReptiRain is ideal for misting your pet birds on a regular schedule, or if you are away for the weekend.
- Terrariums: Keep relative humidity levels at 50% or above for all tropical reptile and amphibian species including; Green Iguanas, Water Dragons, Anoles (American Chameleons), Old World Chameleons, Basilisks, Tropical Skinks, Day Geckos, Crested Geckos, Box Turtles, Forest Tortoise species (e.g., Red-foot Tortoises, Hingeback Tortoises, etc.), Tree Frogs, Salamanders, and Newts.
- Indoor Gardens: Are you tired of killing your delicate indoor ferns or other tropical plants? Use the ReptiRain to supplement watering for any indoor plants that you want to give special attention.
- Never point the sprayer towards any electrical outlet or any type of bulb, heating device, or any other electrical appliance.
- The ReptiRain has vents in the bottom of the housing to prevent internal moisture build-up. If the ReptiRain is mounted inside a cage/terrarium, do not set the unit on the bottom of the cage/terrarium to prevent substrate from clogging the vents. If you have small animals that might be able to get into the vents, then the ReptiRain must be mounted outside the cage/terrarium.
- Bird Cages/Aviaries: Always mount the ReptiRain unit outside the cage to prevent birds from tampering with the unit. Do not spray the entire cage. Do not spray in drafty areas.
- Do not overfill the water reservoir. Never submerge the ReptiRain unit.
- Use Ro, distilled or bottled water to prevent lines and fittings from becoming clogged.
- In extremely humid terrariums, mount the unit outside of the terrarium for longer life.