Use the same nitrifying bacteria as the professionals with Acrylic Tank Manufacturing Colony Freshwater Professional-Grade Nitrifying Bacteria! Aerobic autotrophs have a six- to eight-week growth rate, but Colony helps speed up the growth process, rapidly cycle tanks, and repair bio-filtration by introducing millions of authentic aerobic autotrophs all at once. Effective formula neutralizes ammonia and nitrite spikes.
For use in freshwater aquariums when establishing bio-filtration in new aquariums, medicating, adding new fish, or replacing media.
For freshwater aquariums.
Optimum Application Environment:
Total Alkalinity: 90+
Salinity: 0-5 ppt
Dose 4oz per 25 gal
The following steps, while conducted in the optimum application environment*, will allow
Colony to establish bio-filtration in less than a week while keeping your fish safe. Results
may vary in conditions out of the optimum application environment.
- Make sure optimum application environment is achieved
- Add ATM Colony™ with fish at recommended dosage
- Feed once lightly then temporarily discontinue feeding **
- Monitor ammonia and nitrite daily during cycling process
- When nitrites lower to at or near zero, slowly increase feeding to normal levels
* In environments where the pH, temperature, and total alkalinity are below optimum, nitrifying
bacteria will work less efficiently resulting in slower conversion and requiring a much
larger colony of nitrifying bacteria.
** Light feeding is one of the keys to a successful instant cycle. Less food means less
ammonia and nitrite. This prevents large spikes that can be dangerous to fish over time
while allowing the nitrifying bacteria to feed and flourish.