Feature-packed entry-level aquarium controller at a great hobby-friendly price! Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr enhances basic controllable outlet function with a 32-bit processor and a built-in web server so you can configure and operate pumps, lights, heaters, chillers, CO2 systems or virtually any aquarium equipment with greater ease from any network-connected computer or mobile device.
Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr base unit features 4 independently controllable outlets, each rated for 8 total amps, and a built-in temperature probe port for convenient monitoring and data logging of this vital aquarium parameter. Two AquaBus Connection Ports allow easy expansion and flexible cabling options. Very simple menu driven configuration allows intuitive operation-no complicated programming required. Compatible with all major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) AND interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application for unprecedented control whether you're home or away!
Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr features an expandable design employing AquaBus Connectors. Easily update firmware or connect optional Neptune Systems accessories including additional Neptune Systems Probe Modules, Neptune Systems Apex EnergyBars, Neptune Systems Apex AquaBus Cables, and more for custom control of your prized aquarium system. Apex Temperature Probe, ORP Probe, pH Probe, and Calibration Fluid also available.
Apex Jr Kit w/AquaDisplay Kit includes the Apex Jr Base Module (7.5" x 3.75" x 1.80") with 4 controllable outlets and 2 AquaBus Connection Ports, AquaDisplay digital user interface (3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"), Long-Life Temperature Probe and Ethernet Cable.
Use this handy
Apex Comparison Chart to find out which Neptune Systems AquaController Apex unit is right for you!
Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr User Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Aquarium Controllers and Monitors.
- Integrated Ethernet port
- Most advanced web server available
- Interactive graphing application in the web server
- Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
- Compatible with all major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
- Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
- Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
- Email or text message alarms
- Email alarms or audible alarms when EnergyBar power fails
- RSS and XML Support
Very simple menu driven configuration
- Menus to easily set up pumps, lights, heater, chiller, CO2, etc
- No programming required for configuration
- Outlets can be renamed for easier use
- Can be configured through LCD Display or a standard web browser
- An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
- Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
Apex Jr Monitor/Control
Temperature - The base unit includes software, which is capable of monitoring temperature. The monitored data can be displayed on the optional LCD display, the Apex's web page, or through the AquaNotes iPhone application. All monitored probes data is logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.
Integrated 4 Outlet Control
The base unit includes 4 independently controllable outlets. Each of the 4 outlets is rated for a total 8 amps and the total current draw must be less than 15 Amps. All 4 outlets use relays to control the power to the outlets.
State of the Art Electronics Integration
- Only 32-bit processor on an Aquarium controller
- Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability
- 1 year's worth of data logs can be stored internally
New Enhanced Control Functionality
- Day of week functionality
- Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
- Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
- Second resolution control
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
The Apex has a special control function, which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.
Moon Cycle Simulation
The Apex has another special control function, which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex, which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex's clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.
Each pump to be controlled can have a user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).
Modular Expansion through AquaBus
- High reliability protocol with robust error correction
- Plug and Play-AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
- Cable lengths over 200 feet
- Expandable to 5 AquaBus modules (1 Apex Display and 4 other AquaBus modules)
- Add optional probe modules to monitor additional probes
- Add additional EnergyBars to control more outlets
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
- Probe modules available for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity/Salinity, and dissolved oxygen probes
- Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update module
- Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion and flexible cabling options
- Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion
- Firmware updates via Ethernet
- Flash memory so new features can be easily added
- All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates-No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware
- Sleek and stylish case
- 7 mechanical buttons for speedy and flexible user interface
- 128 x 64 Graphical Backlight display
- Displays datalog graphs
- 4 highly customizable status displays
- Placement of probe names and icons can be selected by user
- Can scroll manually between different status screens or automatically scroll through them
- User adjustable contrast and backlight settings
- Backlight can be dimmed at night
- User selectable tones/songs for different warning/error types
- Multiple displays can be used on one system
- All remote displays have the same functionality as the primary display (i.e. can configure, graph, initiate feed cycles, etc. from all displays)
- Compact size 3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"
- Mounting holes for easy attachment to wall/stand