Power, precision, and ease-of-use define the newly designed Eshopps X-Series Mid-Level Line Axium Protein Skimmers. Innovative fourth generation in-sump protein skimmers dramatically reduced their footprint by opting for an internal pump design. Powered by a silent-running Italian Sicce pump, these protein skimmers generate a flurry of waste-removing bubbles concentrated via bubble plate and a high volume reaction chamber. Adjustable water level baffle and airline Venturi allow easy fine-tuning of skimmer performance to suit your aquarium needs.
- Independent Water & Air Ratio Adjustment from Silencer
- Easy tuning for precise Skimming
- Transparent Venturi
- Transparent Venturi to see any calcium build up and allow for easier maintenance
- Ultra Quiet Performance
- Utilizing the industry’s favorite pump, Sicce, to maintain the quietness, while maximizing the performance
- Unique Reaction Chamber
- High volume reaction chamber in a compact design
- Adjustable Water Level Baffle
||6-1/2" x 5-3/4"
||7-5/8" x 7-3/4"
||9" x 8-1/4"
||9-3/4" x 9-5/8"
||75 - Heavy
90 - Medium
120 - Light
|100 - Heavy
170 - Medium
225 - Light
|200 - Heavy
270 - Medium
325 - Light
|300 - Heavy
370 - Medium
450 - Light
Shop all aquarium protein skimmers.
Shop All Eshopps brand aquarium products.
Quick Start Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- Take all contents out of the box and make sure you have everything.
- Remove the Skimmer Base from the Skimmer Base by taking a screwdriver to unscrew from the bottom to detach the Skimmer Base from the Skimmer Body.
- Take a Philips screwdriver and loosen the two screws on the Skimmer Base. After loosening the screws, slide the Pump Base Lock into the groove of the pump and tighten the two screws to secure the pump.
- After the pump is in place and aligned correctly, slide the Pump Base Lock into the groove of the pump and tighten the two screw to secure the pump.
- Next, take the Bubble Plate and align the bottom hole with the pump to twist in tightly.
- Take the Skimmer Body and align it back over the Skimmer Base and screw from the bottom to tighten.
- Next, take the Venturi and insert it into the hole to connect to the pump. Make sure it is fitted nicely all the way in.
- After the Venturi is secured, take the Air Intake Tubing and connect it to the top of the Venturi. Then connect the top of the Air Intake Tubing to the Silencer.
- Take the Silencer and connect it to the Skimmer Body by tightening the screw from the bottom of the Arm.
- Next, find the Collection Cup with the Collection Cup Lid and insert it into the neck of the Skimmer Body.
- Place the skimmer in your sump and plug it in (make sure the water level is between 7-9 inches.
- Adjust inner water level by turning the Water Level Adjusting Tube and gauge the Adjustable Water Height Indicator with the logo output.
- Allow 5 to 10 days for skimmer to break in.
- Why does my skimmer keep overflowing?
How do I stop the skimmer from overflowing?
- Break-in Time: It may take between 5-10 days for a protein skimmer to break in before it can operate properly.
- Chemical Reaction: Certain medications, additive, and epoxy may contain surfactants, which cab cause excessive bubbling. If necessary, turn off the skimmer up to three hours when feeding corals.
- Water Condition: Make sure to use reverse osmosis water.
- Blockage: Make sure to inspect the air venturi, silencer, and air hose for any debris or salt creep deposits. Also, make sure the air hose is not bent preventing airflow into the pump.
Why does my skimmer stop producing bubbles (it was working great)?
- Raise the skimmer up by placing a 1-1" stand underneath the skimmer, and let it run in that position for 3-4 hours. Take out the stand to lower the skimmer once it settles down. Please Note: All skimmers overflow, use at your own risk.
Why does the pump stop working?
- It happens when you have no organic waster in your tank. After a water change, the skimmer may sit idly until the waste level builds up.
- Clean the pump and venturing every 2-3 month to prevent calcium build up.
- Make sure the air intake tubing is not bent.
Why are the micron bubbles returning back to the display tank?
- Make sure the Impeller spins freely and Shaft Bushings are installed correctly.
Why is my skimmer loud?
- Some skimmers require a 5-10 day break-in period.
What's the inner water level requirement for the skimmer?
- Dial in the Silencer Cap by twisting it to reduce the noise of the skimmer.
- Dry Skimming: Bottom of the Cone Neck
- Wet Skimming: To of the Cone Neck
- Collections Cup: Usually once a week depending on your organic load.
- Skimmer Body: Take your skimmer apart and clean it with a soft sponge or cotton cloth with 1:3 ratio of vinegar/water solution every 6 months.
- Pump: Clean the pump every 4 months. Remove the pump and soak it in a bucket with 1:2 ratio of vinegar/water solution.
Eshopps is a leading manufacturer that specializes in aquarium filtration for the saltwater industry. Their brand is best known for manufacturing high-quality line of acrylic sumps like our wet dry filters, reef sumps, refugiums and protein skimmers.
Eshopps' goal is to provide hobbyists high quality products with a simple and clean design at a highly affordable price. Eshopps strives to become a hobbyist's trusted brand and provide exceptional customer service to everyone. They are not satisfied until you are satisfied.