High-performance in-sump skimmer boasts premium design for quiet and reliable aquarium waste removal. Reef Octopus Classic 200 Internal Protein Skimmer, powered by a Aquatrance Venturi skimmer pump with pinwheel impeller, features a unique bubble-diffusing chamber and hybrid cone body. Combined features result in superior foam production and effective removal of dissolved organic waste for cleaner, clearer marine aquariums.
Reef Octopus Classic 200 Internal Protein Skimmer features an easy-to-adjust gate valve for precision control of water level within the protein skimmer, oversized air silencer for quiet operation and a quick-release neck that allows easy removal of collection cup to simplify maintenance. High-quality solid acrylic construction.
Reef Octopus Classic 200 Internal Protein Skimmer is for in-sump application only.
Dimensions: 14.6" x 10.25" x 24" high
Body Diameter: 8"
Powered by: Reef Octopus Aquatrance 3000 Pinwheel Pump
Recommended sump water level: 7.5"-8.5"
Rated for aquariums up to:
- 250 gallons - Light Bioload
- 200 gallons - Medium Bioload
- 150 gallons - Heavy Bioload
Shop all Aquarium Protein Skimmers.
- Remove the skimmer body and all the assembly parts from the package.
- Screw the Union with the Air Intake Device to the pump and fix the pump to the Chamber. Make sure the O-Ring is in place.
- Set up the Water Outlet Pipe System.
- Connect the Air Hose from the Air Intake Device to the Silencer.
- Insert the Collection Cup with Top Cover onto the Skimmer Tower. Make sure the O-Ring is in place.
- Put the skimmer in sump and turn power on. Turn the Gate Valve to adjust the water level for skimming.
Collection Cup: Remove and clean at least once a week, depending on organic load. Cleaning will substantially enhance extraction.
Reaction Chamber: Clean inside at least once every six months.
Reef Octopus Aquatrance 3000s Pinwheel Pump
Air Draw: 900 lph / 31.5 scfh*
Water Draw: 800 lph / 211 gph*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup