Individually calibrated hydrometers with easy-to-read red pointer provide accurate and convenient measurement of specific gravity. Aquarium Solutions AccuProbe Hydrometers are individually calibrated for accuracy and assigned an individual certified calibration number to ensure the most accurate readings possible. Durable plastic construction ensures reliable extended use. Accurate to ±0.001 specific gravity units. Temperature corrected readings from 68° and 85°F.
Aquarium Solutions AccuProbe Hydrometers are available in limited-range AccuProbe Mini Hydrometer and wide range AccuProbe Hydrometer to accommodate your particular aquarium needs.
AccuProbe Hydrometer - Wide-range specific gravity meter displays reading in both specific gravity and salinity (PPT) measurements (1.012-1.032 SG and 16-43 PPT). Innovative "Dry Hands" design prevents contamination of aquarium or water sample and retrieves water samples at a 6 inch depth, avoiding inaccurate surface samplings. Automatically collects the perfect sample size by leveling off sample water. Self-leveling, hanging device included.
Shop all Hydrometers and Refractometers.
Directions for use
Note: Before using for the first time, to season the measurement needle, fill the hydrometer with saltwater from your aquarium and allow it to sit full of this water on a level surface for 24 hours. This rehydrates the calibration disc to its original specs and calibration standard and will provide the most accurate readings going forward
- Submerge hydrometer into your aquarium water slowly.
- Once water reaches the fill-line, remove hydrometer and place on a level surface.
- Avoid air bubble adherence to the pointer, as this will result in inaccurate, higher than normal readings. Should air bubbles collect on pointer, gently tap hydrometer to completely dislodge them before taking your reading. Do not aggressively tap the unit on a hard surface as this can cause the pointer to be permanently damaged.
- Read specific gravity from scale. For most marine aquariums, the recommended specific gravity range is from 1.020 to 1.023.
- Rinse with fresh water after each use to maintain optimum accuracy.
Salt deposits may accumulate on pointer and will result in inaccurate readings. If salt crystallizes inside your unit, soak it in lukewarm water or vinegar for 30 minutes, rinse with fresh water and allow to air dry.