Compact refugium boasts innovative dual-chamber, dual-water channel design for superior marine aquarium filtration. Eshopps CUBE Nano Refugium features the patent pending ECD (Eshopps Channel Design) Dual-Water Channel that diverts incoming water to a dedicated refugium and skimmer chamber. The result is better nutrient export through optimized protein skimmer AND natural filtration for superior aquarium water quality!
- Eshopps Channel Design (ECD, Patent Pending)-Dual Water Channel
- Quiet Operation
- Micron bag
Eshopps CUBE Nano Refugium allows efficient processing of dissolved and undissolved organic waste materials as macroalgae in the refugium chamber and the protein skimmer in the skimmer chamber function unimpeded. 7.5"x9" skimmer chamber easily accommodates in-sump protein skimmer such as the Eshopps Nano Skimmer. 5"x9" refugium chamber is the perfect place for nutrient scrubbing macroalgae such as Chaetomorpha Algae.
Eshopps CUBE Nano Refugium measures 14" x 14" x 16" high and is recommended for use with 10-35 gallon aquariums.
Requires Return Pump, Return Line, and an Overflow Box for aquariums that are not drilled for plumbing. Additional 4" Round 200 Micron Filter Bag sold separately.
Use the brilliant, energy-efficient Eshopps Curve Refugium LED Light to support healthy macroalgae growth in refugium chamber of your Eshopps CUBE Nano Refugium.
Shop all Aquarium Refugiums.
- Take your new Eshopps CUBE Nano Refugium out of the box and confirm you have all the parts as shown on the parts listing. Any missing parts must be reported within 48 hours of purchase.
- Place the CUBE Nano Refugium (#1) so that the side with the Eshopps logo is facing you.
- Remove the Cover Lid and place the Micron Bag (#4) in the Micron Bag Compartment.
- Put the Cover Lid (#6) back on top of the Micron Bag Compartment, so that only the 1-inch Bulkhead hole will be showing.
- The Refugium Foam (#5) should already be in place between the two dividers of the skimmer compartment and the refugium compartment.
- Insert the 3-foot Flexible Hose (#3) into the bulkhead fitting and connect it to the overflow box on your tank.
Important Notes & Set-up Tips
|Parts Listing for CUBE Nano Refugium
||CUBE Nano Refugium
||1 inch Bulkhead Fitting
||3-foot Flexible Hose
Frequently Asked Questions
- Soak the Micron Bag in the water for 1 hour before installing into the CUBE Nano Refugium.
- The Micron Bag should be replaced when necessary.
- Water level in the skimmer compartment should be 8-9 inches, and the water level in the return compartment should be no less than the "Water Level" sticker.
- The addition of a full spectrum light to the Cube Nano Refugium like the Eshopps Curve Refugium Light (Item#: 15704) can provide excellent growing conditions for photosynthetic invertebrates and various species of algae.
When replacing the Micron Bag, why does my skimmer overflow?
The Micron Bag should be soaked in water for one hour before using.
How often should I change the Micron Bag?
The Micron Bag can be cleaned, washed, and reused up to 3 times, then replacing the Micron Bag. The Micron Bag should be cleaned with water only (do not use detergent).