Optimize aquarium chemical and biological filtration with minimal plumbing and setup hassle. The MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor now offers a full line of sizes to improve water quality in all-in-one aquariums, desktop aquariums, and even larger aquariums with sump filtration units. Thanks to its innovative patent-pending design, you can start improving your aquarium water quality with very little effort. Plus, the MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor minimizes the equipment clutter usually associated with media reactors.
The MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor packs responsive flow control, easy maintenance, efficient performance, and low power consumption into a small unit designed to be hidden behind all-in-one aquariums or placed directly in sumps. You'll also receive an appropriately sized, submersible pump to power your MiniMax Reactor. This solid acrylic reactor is ideal for use with
granular ferric oxide, and
pelleted carbon. Simply add your favorite aquarium filtration media!
MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor advanced features:
- Unique-dual chamber design allows for quick, responsive flow control with a simple turn of a knob - no need for ball valves and inlet/outlet pipes. The removable inner column also lets you replenish media quickly and easily.
- Upward flow pattern requires less water flow for greater efficiency and lower energy consumption. The MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor includes a custom bubble plate for even water flow distribution.
- Self-draining design eliminates messy maintenance - the MiniMax's internal chamber acts as a removable cartridge that simply slides up and out of the outer chamber, automatically draining water out and eliminating the need for tools or complicated unfastening.
- MiniMax Media Reactor lid includes a double O-ring seal for optimal performance and secure media containment.
The MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor includes a durable acrylic mounting bracket and a 1-year manufacturer limited warranty. Choose from 2 compact sizes to suit your exact small aquarium filtration needs.
|2.6" x 3.07" x 15.75" high
||5.31" x 4.8" x 17.13" high
Innovative Marine MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor User Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Aquarium Filter Media Reactors.
Your MiniMax should arrive with these components:
- Inner & outer acrylic chambers
- Double O-ring cap
- Acrylic hanging bracket
- 2 foam sponges (for use with fine media such as granulated ferric oxide and carbon)
Adding media to the MiniMax
- Grab turn knob and pull inner chamber out of outer chamber.
- Securely grab the cap and twist left to right while pulling upwards.
- The cap is held in place with o-rings.
The MiniMax is designed to work with Bio Pellets, granular ferric oxide (GFO), or pelletized carbon. Generally, Bio Pellets require a stronger tumble, while GFO and pelletized carbon require less flow to prevent crumbling. Please check the manufacturer's instructions for the volume of media needed for your tank size and rinsing procedures prior to adding media to the reactor.
Note: The MiniMax includes 2 black sponges for use with GFO and pelletized carbon. Insert the first black sponge directly over the dispersion plate. Add GFO or pelletized carbon and place the second sponge below the top dispersion plate. Bio Pellets do not require the 2 black sponges.
Remember to leave room for the media to fluidize in the reactor. We do not recommend filling the reactor to the maximum volume capacity. Please check your media manufacturer's instructions to determine the proper amount of media needed for your specific setup.
MiniMax Mounting Bracket Assembly
Slide the bracket over the MiniMax outer chamber body and tighten the thumbscrew for a secure hold.
MiniMax Height Adjustment
The MiniMax includes an acrylic bracket to securely fasten to rimless tanks, sumps, and all-in-one divider baffles. Once the reactor is set in your desired position, adjust the bracket height by sliding it up or down over the chamber. Finish by tightening the 2 screws to secure the reactor and clamp to an edge.
The MiniMax is designed to be submerged in water and should not be used as a hang-on-type reactor out of water.
MiniMax Water Flow Adjustment
MiniMax reactors incorporate a responsive water flow adjusting know. Since different media require different flow rates, this feature allows minimum to maximum flow settings with a simple knob turn. Turn the knob to increase or decrease the desired water flow.
Replacing media in the MiniMax
- Slide out the inner chamber by lifting up on the adjustment knob. Wait 5 seconds for water to drain out of the bottom before taking the chamber to your sink.
- Firmly grab cap lid and twist left to right while pulling upwards.
- Replenish media.
- Unplug MiniMax pump from electrical outlet before performing any maintenance.
- Pull entire MiniMax out of your aquarium.
- Drain water that is in the main body.
- Disconnect pump from the MiniMax.
Removing the impeller
- Unplug pump from the power source.
- Slide the impeller cover of the pump motor.
- Lift the impeller out of the pump motor.