||Revolutionary sump filtration system you can use three ways
||Use sump as a wet/dry filter, a Berlin system, or a refugium
||Easy sump modifications allow for custom aquarium filtration
Professional and flexible sump design allows for three distinct methods of aquarium filtration. The breakthrough ProFlex Sump Filtration System is easily converted into a traditional wet/dry filter, Berlin style sump or a refugium based on your aquarium needs. Adjustable water height wall with removable thumb screws allows simple reconfiguration. Noise-reducing, bubble diffuser chamber and two 200 micron pre-filter socks remove air bubbles and large particles before aquarium water enters the main sump chamber. Ample sump space ensures convenient placement of optional protein skimmer, live rock, live sand, macroalgae and more for a truly customized filtration system. Durable sump filtration system features clean-line design for an aesthetically pleasing installation.
Requires appropriately sized pump, return line, and appropriate siphon overflow system for undrilled aquariums.
BioMedia Accessory Pack required for wet/dry filter setup. Great for freshwater or fish-only saltwater applications to provide advanced biological filtration for a heavy fish load. BioMedia Accessory Pack includes: Filter Media and Tray, Trickle Down Grid and Bioballs.
ProFlex Sumps Instruction Manual PDF
ProFlex Sumps Specifications PDF
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later - get it here for free)
||19-7/8" x 9-7/8" x 17-1/4" high
||6-1/4" x 9-7/8"
||29-7/8" x 9-7/8" x 18-7/8" high
||10" x 9-7/8"
||25-1/2" x 13-3/4" x 17" high
||8-1/2" x 13-3/4"
||36" x 13-3/4" x 18-7/8" high
||16" x 13-3/4"
Add a refugium light to create a thriving refugium for your reef aquarium. The refugium is one of the most modern methods of reef aquarium filtration. In the refugium method, a "safe" zone is created in the filtration system that serves as a protected habitat for microfauna such as copepods, rotifers, and other micro-invertebrates as well as macroalgae such as Chaetomorpha
to grow free from the predatory effects of fish and larger invertebrates within the main aquarium.
The microfauna consumes uneaten food and waste in the aquarium and recycles it back into a natural food source for fish and corals as they migrate downstream and back into the aquarium. The macroalgae in the refugium grows and absorbs excess nitrogen and phosphate in the system reducing unwanted nuisance algae growth in the main aquarium.
Using the BioMedia Accessory Pack, sold separately, turn the ProFlex into a traditional wet/dry trickle filter. Traditional wet/dry filters are great for use in freshwater and fish-only saltwater applications to provide advanced biological filtration for a heavy fish load.
Ideal for reef aquariums where utilization of a large protein skimmer is imperative. The expansive sump chambers allow for placement of a large protein skimmer and a constant water level.
1. Always unplug any electrical devices associated with the filter when performing any maintenance on the aquarium filter.
2. To clean the filter bags, remove them from the filter and turn inside out. Rinse under freshwater to dislodge trapped dirt and debris. Soak overnight in a bucket containing one part bleach to 10 parts water.
3. Rinse bags thoroughly under freshwater and then soak in a solution of water and dechlorinator solution for 1 hour or allow to dry under the sun for 24 hours before use. Many experienced hobbyists will purchase an additional set of filter bags so that one can be in use while the other set is being cleaned.
4. Clean the sump block at least once a month by rinsing under freshwater and replacing to remove trapped dirt and debris.
5. Maintain the water level in the sump by adding only freshwater to the system to compensate for water lost due to evaporation. Salt does not evaporate! Saltwater should not need to be added unless water is being removed from the aquarium during a water change.
6. Salt creep and salt spray are inevitable results of any marine filtration system. Wipe down the exterior of the sump and any accessories with a clean cloth dampened with warm freshwater to remove any salt crust from surfaces on or around the filter regularly.
7. Keep electrical connections away from salt, salt creep and water.