||Multipurpose return outlet system for fresh or saltwater
||Adjustable flare nozzle directs aquarium water flow to desired area
||Simple and inexpensive way to improve aquarium water
Multipurpose return outlet system offers an inexpensive and practical way to redirect water flow. Adjustable
ball-joint articulation with flare nozzle directs water current to areas previously with little or no water
movement. Barbed fitting attaches easily to the return line of canister filters or powerheads. Use with the
SCWD wavemaker for a custom wave-making system. Durable plastic construction great for fresh or saltwater
- Use clamps to securely connect flexible tubing onto barbed fittings.
- To make connections easier, soak the end of the flexible tubing in hot water. The heated flexible tubing will soften and slip right over the fitting.
Q. Why is water movement important for aquariums?
A. Water current is essential to nourish and feed your aquarium's inhabitants, as well as to clean and regulate your aquarium's water. Aquariums with poor water movement develop "dead spots" where organic debris settles, creating the ideal matrix for nuisance algae to grow. In addition, poor water movement hinders biological filtration, which in turn raises toxins to dangerous levels. In essence, an aquarium without good water movement is like a dirty mud puddle, hostile to most animals and unpleasant to look at.
Benefits of proper water movement
As water circulates throughout the aquarium, many beneficial events take place:
- Heat is evenly distributed for stable water temperature
- Debris and particles are stirred up and removed through mechanical filtration
- Provides efficient gas exchange at the water surface to release carbon dioxide and gain oxygen to help maintain pH level and to oxygenate the water.
- Currents also benefit your fish, offering slight resistance when swimming and delivering fresh, oxygen-rich water.