Proper aquarium water level is more than just aesthetics, it's a health issue. Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off System was developed because Tunze knows the health of delicate aquatic life requires constant osmotic pressure. Short for Osmotic Regulator, the Tunze Osmolator is a high-tech auto top off kit that comes complete with an electronic control panel, optical and mechanical sensors, magnetic mounts for the sensors, water-metering pump and accessories to streamline installation. All you only need is a reservoir to supply constant water level in your aquarium!
Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off System boasts German engineering featuring an optical sensor that precisely recognizes the water level. Manual float switch provides backup security by shutting off the water metering pump and sounding an alarm should the optical sensor fail. If the backup fails, the pump is shut down after 10 minutes to prevent any potential over flow. Electronic Controller performs a self diagnostic when switched on and features colored LEDs for simple visual confirmation of operation.
Why topping off your aquarium is so important
While we see low water level as an aesthetic nuisance, your aquarium inhabitants experience something dramatically different. Low water level due to evaporation means higher concentration of dissolved chemicals, including salt concentration. Sensitive marine fish, corals, invertebrates and other delicate species may be affected by this change in water parameters and osmotic pressure. The Tunze Osmolator ensures the accurate and safe compensation of evaporated water for osmotic stability in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Instructions PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Aquarium Filters and Accessories.
- Use the Osmolator in an aquarium only; outdoor operation is not permissible.
- Mount Power Supply Unit and Controller in dry and well-ventilated locations only.
- Do not mount in the vicinity of heat sources; ambient temperature max. 35° Celsius (95° F).
- Do not kink the cable.
- Do not subject the operating sensor to infrared or mercury discharge lamp light. Always face the tip of the operating sensor towards the bottom, otherwise strong light may cause malfunction.
- Do not situate magnetic pane cleaners or other magnets in the vicinity of the safety sensor, as otherwise functional failure is possible.
- Prior to initial operation, please check whether the operating voltage corresponds to the mains voltage available.
- Do not operate the metering pump without water.
- Remove the mains plug from Controller for cleaning and servicing. Do not repair a damaged mains cable yourself, but have the units repaired.
- Do not connect foreign units. Switch off the Osmolator, if water-changing devices are used.
- Keep the operating instructions in a safe place.
TUNZE Osmolator is always fitted with two sensors, i.e. one operating sensor to monitor the water level, and a safety sensor to prevent the aquarium from over flowing. The operating sensor scans the water surface and triggers the controller when the water level drops below the set level. The controller switches on the metering pump, which in turn pumps water from the storage container into the aquarium until the volume of evaporated water has been replaced. Subsequently, the controller fitted with an electronic time monitor switches the metering pump off automatically. If the operating sensor should fail for technical reasons, the safety sensor prevents the aquarium from flowing over and sounds a warning signal. If the metering pump operates for more than ten minutes, it is switched off for safety reasons.