The SportDog YardTrainer SD-350 combines the simplicity of a basic E-Collar training system with the versatility and ruggedness of a more advanced sporting dog trainer. With up to 300 yards of range, this compact, one-dog system is more than adequate for basic training while also giving you the confidence to fix problems at a distance. The transmitter allows instant correction-level adjustments - 8 levels in both continuous and momentary modes - as well as tone only training. The SD-350 is a true all-weather system, with a waterproof transmitter and collar receiver that feature exclusive DryTek™ technology. Long-life rechargeable NiMH batteries are convenient and provide up to 40 hours of use between charges, and a low-battery indicator ensures you're never left with a dead E-Collar or transmitter. The "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle. Collar fits necks up to 23"; for dogs over 8 lbs.
Includes: Remote Transmitter (3.2 oz), Collar Receiver with Black Collar Strap (2.8 oz), Adaptor, Test Light, Lanyard, Long Contact Points, Operating Guide.
Downloadable SportDog SD-350 YardTrainer Instructions PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free.)
System features and specifications
HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS
- One dog system only
- 300 yard range
- 8 Levels in both continuous and momentary stimulation
- 100% waterproof and submersible transmitter (3.2 oz)
- 100% waterproof and submersible receiver collar (3/4" wide strap; weighs 2.8 oz)
- No external collar antenna
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Change stimulation intensity from the transmitter
- Option to train with tone
- Rechargeable, user-replaceable NIMH batteries included
- Low-battery indicator on both transmitter and receiver
- Get up to 40 hours of run time between charges
- Free basic training instruction manual
- SportDog 1 year warranty
The SportDog YardTrainer 350 has been proven safe, comfortable, and effective for all dogs over 8 pounds. Consistent, correct use of this product allows you to reinforce commands and correct misbehavior from up to 300 yards. The Remote Transmitter sends a signal, activating the Collar Receiver to deliver a harmless stimulation. With proper training, a dog will learn to associate this signal with a command. Like all SportDog products, this model features adjustable stimulation levels so you can tailor the stimulation level to your dog's temperament, eliminating the risk of over-correction.
REMOTE TRANSMITTER: Transmits the radio signal to the Collar Receiver. It is waterproof and can be submerged in water to a depth of 25 feet.
INTENSITY DIAL: Provides multiple levels of static stimulation so you can match the correction to your dog's temperament.
TRANSMITTER INDICATOR LIGHT: Indicates that a button is pressed and serves as a low-battery indicator.
UPPER BUTTON: This button is factory-set to deliver continuous static stimulation.
LOWER BUTTON: This button is factory-set to deliver momentary static stimulation, or a "Nick."
SIDE BUTTON: This button is factory-set to deliver tone stimulation.
CHARGING JACK: For connecting the charger. Although the Remote Transmitter is waterproof without it, keep the cover in place when not charging to keep debris out of the opening.
COLLAR RECEIVER: Receives the radio signal from the Remote Transmitter and delivers the static or tone stimulation for correcting or cueing your dog. It is waterproof and can be submerged in water to a depth of 25 feet.
RECEIVER INDICATOR LIGHT: Indicates when the Collar Receiver has been turned on or off, serves as a low-battery indicator, and indicates when a continuous or momentary (nick) static stimulation button is pressed.
CONTACT POINTS: The contacts through which the Collar Receiver delivers stimulation.
ON/OFF BUTTON: Momentarily pressing and holding this button turns the Collar Receiver on and off.
The Collar Receiver Is Capable Of Delivering Four Types Of Stimulation:
CONTINUOUS: You control both when and how long stimulation is delivered, up to a maximum of 9 seconds. After 9 seconds, the stimulation will "time out" and the Transmitter button needs to be released and then pressed again before additional stimulation can be delivered.
MOMENTARY (NICK): Stimulation is delivered for 5/100 of a second, regardless of how long the button is pressed.
TONE: The Collar Receiver will make a rapid beeping noise when a Tone button is pressed. Tone comes preset and is not adjustable.
FIND THE BEST INTENSITY LEVEL FOR YOUR DOG
The YardTrainer 350 has multiple intensity levels. This allows you to choose the static stimulation that is best for your dog. NOTE: Always start at the lowest level and work your way up. For training efficiency, it is important to find the right intensity level for your dog. This is called the Recognition Level, at which your dog looks around in curiosity or flicks his ears.
FINDING YOUR DOG'S RECOGNITION LEVEL:
NOTE: Every dog is different and you cannot predict where your dog's Recognition Level will be. Watch closely for any slight change in behavior that demonstrates your dog is feeling the static stimulation.
- With the Collar Receiver turned on and properly fitted to your dog, set the Remote Transmitter's Intensity Dial at Level 1 and press the Continuous static stimulation button for 1 to 2 seconds.
- If your dog shows no reaction to Level 1, go to Level 2 and repeat the process.
- YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT VOCALIZE OR PANIC WHEN RECEIVING STATIC STIMULATION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE STATIC STIMULATION LEVEL IS TOO HIGH AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.
- Once you find your dog's Recognition Level, this is the level you should use when you begin a training exercise.
- If you have progressed to Level 8 while searching for your dog's Recognition Level and your dog continues to show no response, check to see if the Collar Receiver is snug against your dog's neck. Then go back to Intensity Level 1 and repeat the process. If your dog still does not indicate he is feeling the static stimulation, you have two options: trim the hair beneath the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included in your system.