||Vibration bark control collar makes a great alternative to static correction collars
||Virtually eliminates your dog's excessive barking
||Correction activated by your dog's barking, not other dogs' barks or other sounds
Using only harmless vibration, this bark control collar can effectively wipe out problem barking. This training collar detects your pet's barking and corrects it with vibration, a more appealing approach for some pet owners than electronic stimulation. Offers 10 adjustable combinations of vibration correction. When your dog barks, vibration is delivered from one of two probes in random duration. The vibration interrupts the barking and, in most cases, will quickly eliminate nuisance barking. Patented Perfect Bark technology ensures your dog's bark is the only sound that will cause the correction, not other dogs' barking or other ambient sounds.
As an added safety feature, if your dog barks 15 times or more within a period of 1 minute 20 seconds, the Bark Control Collar will automatically shut off for 1 minute. 3V battery module included. Waterproof collar weighs only 2.8 oz and fits necks up to 28". For dogs 8 lbs and over.
- Uses vibration to interrupt barking
- Durable and waterproof collar can be used anywhere
- LED indicators display good/low battery status
- On/Off position helps save battery life
- Perfect Bark technology ensures your dog's bark is the only sound that causes correction
3V Replacement Battery Module (item 25978) sold separately.
Two Color LED: Shows good or low battery.
Sound Activated Sensor: Detects the sound of your dog's bark.
Vibration Probes: Deliver the vibration correction.
On/Off Battery Module: Turns the collar on and off.
Fit the Bark Control Collar
Important: The proper fit and placement of your Bark Control Collar is important for effective operation. The vibration probes must make direct contact with your dog's skin on the underside of his neck.
To assure a proper fit, please follow these steps:
On/Off Battery Module
- Make sure that the battery is in the "OFF" position.
- Have your dog standing comfortably.
- Center the vibration probes underneath your dog's neck, touching the skin.
Note: It is sometimes necessary to trim the hair around the vibration probes to make sure contact is consistent.
- Check the tightness of the collar by inserting one finger between the strap and the dog's neck. The fit should be snug but not constricting.
- Allow your dog to wear the collar for several minutes, and recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable with the collar.
- Trim the collar as follows:
- Mark the desired length of collar with a pen. Allow for growth if your dog is young or grows a thick winter coat.
- Remove the collar from your dog and cut off excess.
- Before placing the bark control collar back onto your dog, seal the edge of the cut collar by applying a flame along the frayed edge.
This unit is packaged with the battery module installed in the "OFF" position. To activate the collar, use a coin to turn the battery module counter clockwise until the arrow lines up with the "ON" position. If the collar is not going to be used on the dog immediately, leave it in the "OFF" position.
To Insert and Remove the Battery
- Align the line on the battery with the triangle on the bark control collar.
- Use a coin to turn the battery clockwise until the line points to the "ON" position if you are putting it on the dog or "OFF" position if it is not being put on the dog right away.
- To remove the battery, turn the battery counter-clockwise using a coin. Do NOT attempt to cut into or pry open the battery. Be sure to discard the used battery properly.
- This unit utilizes battery RFA-188 (item #25978).
Average battery life is 3 to 6 months, depending on how often your dog barks. To conserve battery life, turn to "OFF" position when collar is not in use.
Two color LED
The two color LED indicator shows good or low battery. Good battery equals 1 flash every 5 seconds with the Green LED. Low battery equals 3 flashes every 5 seconds with the Red LED. If there are no LED lights it is time to change the battery.
What to Expect When Using this Collar
Place the Bark Control Collar properly on your dog and wait nearby until he barks. Most dogs will understand very quickly that the collar is disrupting their urge to bark and will relax and stop barking. Because the correction from the collar may be surprising or startling at first, some dogs may bark more at the initial correction.
On rare occasions, a dog may get into a bark-correction-bark-correction cycle. If this happens, reassure your dog with calm, soothing tones. As your dog relaxes, he will understand that if he becomes quiet, the vibration corrections will stop. The minority of dogs that have this reaction will only have it for the first time they wear the bark collar.
You should notice a reduction in barking within the first couple of days your pet wears this collar. At this point, it is important to remember the learning process is still not complete. Dogs will "test" this new learning experience and will increase their attempts to bark. This usually occurs during the second week a dog wears the collar. If this does occur, remain consistent and do not alter your use of the collar. You must place the collar on your dog in every situation when you expect him to be quiet. If your dog is not wearing the collar, he may resume barking and his learning would suffer a setback.