||Convenient dental pads clean teeth and gums
||No more struggling to clean your pet's teeth
||Contains powerful bacteria-destroying chlorhexidine
||Peppermint flavor helps freshen kitty's breath
Dental Clens Pads are saturated with just the right amount of chlorhexidine solution to destroy harmful bacteria that leads to plaque. A gentle, easy way to clean your cat's teeth without irritating the gums. Simply wrap pad around your finger, and you've got complete control while cleaning. A great way to make sure your pet's teeth and gums get the attention they need. Your pet won't mind because the pads are soft and the solution has a pleasant, minty-fresh taste. We recommend daily use for best results.
Dental Care Shouldn't Be Like Pulling Teeth
Because our pets can't brush their own teeth, it's up to their owners to ensure their pets get the oral care they need. Trouble begins when food particles and bacteria build up in the mouth forming plaque and tartar, which leads to gingivitis and severe periodontal disease. Periodontal disease leads to tooth decay, bad breath, bleeding gums, and in severe cases, tooth loss. Even more complications may arise when the bacteria from the mouth enter the pet's bloodstream, possibly resulting in damage to the heart, liver, kidneys, and lungs. Monitor your pet's oral health and contact your veterinarian if you have concerns.
The American Veterinary Dental Society recommends these steps for pet oral health:
- Take your pet to a veterinarian for a physical exam, which should include a thorough dental exam, at least once a year.
- Start a regular home dental care routine. This includes brushing your pet's teeth with toothpastes formulated especially for pets such as Drs. Foster & Smith's Enzymatic Toothpastes (item #35276 or #35277) and wiping his teeth with convenient Dental Clens Pads.
Teaching your pet to accept a regular dental program early in his life is by far the easiest way to keep plaque at bay. Use the following guidelines to clean your pet’s teeth and do it regularly.
- To get your pet accustomed to having something in his mouth, start with a piece of gauze or damp washcloth wrapped around your index finger. Use a gentle circular motion.
- Once he is used to this, advance to a soft nylon toothbrush, a finger toothbrush, a dental sponge and Dental Cleanser or Dental Clens pads. What you use depends on your cat's temperament.
- If your cat already has inflamed gums, use Dental Guard with chlorhexidine and change to regular pet toothpaste after the inflammation is gone.
- Use Dental Clens pads to clean mouth folds of harmful bactetria.
Dental disease is one of the most common problems we see. Periodontal disease is the most commonly diagnosed disease in cats and dogs over the age of 3 years. Just as we can prevent many viral diseases by using vaccines, we can also prevent a great majority of dental disease by following the easy steps described above.
Dental Clens® Pads: Hold pet's head steady with one hand. Gently wipe teeth and gums with pad. Use additional pads as needed until entire mouth has been cleaned.
Ingredients: 0.1% Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Other Ingredients: Carmine Color, Glycerin, Peppermint Flavor, Polysorbate 80, Water.