The Microchip Cat Flap offers a techy, stylish solution for entry control using your cat's implanted microchip or unique Cat Mate ID disc (disc sold separately). The streamlined design maximizes entrance opening space, providing easy, stress-free access for your cat. Four-way flap operates in 4 modes: unlocked, in only, out only and locked.
Because it works only with your cat's microchip or Cat Mate ID disc, it keeps stray pets out. Suitable for multiple cats (up to 30 cats can be registered). Programs easily with the push of a single button. LED indicator flashes when your cat's microchip is registered.
Self-lining to 3-3/8" thick. Ideal for all doors, including metal. For walls or glass panels, must have an adapter kit available through Cat Mate.
Flap is made from super tough polymer with draft-free and weatherproof brush sealed flap with magnetic closure. Requires 4 AA batteries (not included), which provide approximately 12 months operation. Overall size: 7.75" x 9.75"; cutout size: 6.5" x 7-3/8"; door opening: 5.75" x 5.75". White.
Do not cut tunnel of cat flap.
- To check that your cat's microchip is correctly positioned and functioning, we strongly recommend you program the cat flap for all your cats before installation. Then check that the cat's microchip operates the catch.
- We do not recommend this cat flap be used with the combination of metal panels and FDXA 10 digit microchips (normally fitted in the U.S. only).
- For metal doors thicker than 35mm (1-3/8") use a Cat Mate Cat Flap Adapter Kit (sold separately).
- For metal doors it is essential to retune the cat flap after fitting (see included instructions).
Metal Panels (including plastic / UPVC doors)
- Doors constructed with metal panels may reduce the range of the microchip reader.
- You may test for metal panels by drilling a small trial hole in the middle of the intended cat flap location.
- For metal panels thicker than 35mm (1-3/8") use a Cat Mate Cat Flap Adapter Kit (available separately) with a circular cut out.
- For metal panels up to 35mm (1-3/8") thick, proceed as for Wood / Plastic Door Panels below.
After fitting, ensure the flap is tuned to the metal panel by pressing the PROGRAM button for 5 seconds until LED lights. After 10 seconds press the PROGRAM button again to complete retuning.
Wood / Plastic Door Panels
For door panels 25mm (1") + thick:
- Place the exterior frame in desired position on panel and draw round the outside of the tunnel section.
- We recommend the bottom of the hole is approximately level with your pet's stomach.
- Use an electric jigsaw to cut 2mm (1/16") outside of drawn line. Be careful to cut hole square to the door, particularly with thicker doors. Ensure frames are free-fitting in hole.
- Determine thickness of door panel.
- For door panels 3mm (1/8") - 25mm (1") thick:
Position exterior frame on outside of door and mark four screw positions.
- Remove frame and carefully drill screw clearance holes square to panel at 6mm (1/4") diameter.
For panels less than 17mm (5/8") thick, cut excess liner from exterior frame with a hacksaw or plastic cutting disc.
- Fit seal to exterior frame. Position exterior frame on outside of door. Screw interior frame to it by using 37mm (11/2") screws. Finally, fit screw caps.
- Carefully drill out four holes in interior frame to allow close clearance on screws (recommended drill 5mm (3/16") diameter).
- Fit seal to exterior frame. Screw exterior frame to outside of door using 13mm (1/2") screws.
- Screw interior frame to inside of door using 22mm (7/8") screws. Finally, fit screw caps.
Walls / Glass Panels
For easy installation you will require an adapter kit available from your cat flap supplier or direct from Pet Mate (Product Ref. 361).