||Plug in up to two reptile heating devices to manually adjust their temperature
||Excellent for non-thermostatically controlled reptile heating devices, such as heat mats, overhead incandescent heat bulbs, and more
||Use to turn heaters up in winter or down in summer depending on your room temperature
For precise, fingertip control of ceramic heat emitters, heat pads or under tank heaters, heat lamps, or other reptile heating devices. Has a standard plug-in and a two-port outlet for use of up to 2 devices. 150W unit uses dial adjustment and will control up to 150 total watts of heating devices.
Instructions for use:
- Carefully remove the Repti Temp Rheostat from package and inspect for any visual damage. If damage is noted, follow manufacturer's warranty instructions.
- Plug the Repti Temp Rheostat into your electrical outlet. Make sure the Repti Temp control bar (or knob) is at the low setting.
- Plug one or two rock heating devices or one or two overhead heat bulbs into the Repti Temp Rheostat plug box. Do not plug one rock heating device and one overhead heat bulb into the Repti Temp Rheostat as these two types of heating devices have different functions within your terrarium and are not compatible being controlled together on any type of rheostat device.
- Thermometer: To monitor the air temperature of your terrarium use a reptile thermometer on the inside back wall of your terrarium.
- Check temperatures: Overhead heat bulbs take approx 30 minutes to heat up in your terrarium. Check your thermometer after this time period and if higher temperatures are required, turn the Repti Temp control bar (or control knob) to the medium setting. If after another 30 minutes you still need higher temperatures, move the Repti Temp control bar (or control knob) to the high setting.
Note: Monitor your terrarium temperature on a daily basis and adjust the Repti Temp Rheostat accordingly to achieve your optimum desired temperature.
Rock heating devices take approximately two hours to heat up. After this time, place your hand on the heated surface of the rock heating device. Surface temperature should feel warm to the touch (surface temp 95-110°F), but not so hot that it causes you to pull your hand off the heated surface. Adjust the Repti Temp control bar (or control knob) until you achieve the desired "warm" rock heater surface temperature. Remember each time you adjust the control bar (or control knob) it will take two hours (minimum) for the heated rock surface to reach its maximum temperature.
If you have children, dogs, cats, or loose birds, we recommend you attach the control box of the Repti Temp Rheostat out of reach of any person or animal that might accidentally move the control bar (or control knob).
Repti Temp Rheostat 150 Watt is rated for a maximum of 150 watts only.
Keep away from water. Do not get unit wet.