||High litter box walls reduce litter and waste scatter
||Open front eases access without sacrifice to security
||Durable plastic design easily wipes clean to sanitize
The Marshall Ferret High Back Litter Pan is ergonomically designed for the unique habits of ferrets and integrates the best features of regular and corner ferret litter pans. A low profile 2" front provides an easy entrance for your ferret, and 7" high back corners are tall enough to catch the largest ferret backing up. Measures 12" x 14". Assorted colors.
Clean litter boxes and cages
A clean living environment is the key to minimizing musky ferret odors. Like cats, ferrets are clean by nature and can be litter trained. However, their needs differ from cats. Ferrets back into corners with their tails raised to urinate or defecate and, unlike cats, they do not cover their stool. To properly accommodate ferrets, use the High Back Litter Pan. The low sides and the high back of this litter pan are designed to contain ferret waste. Place a thin layer of dust-free, absorbent litter to contain moisture inside the litter pan. Clean out the litter pan on a daily basis to ensure odor control. Also, be sure to wash any sleeping hammocks or blankets once a week to remove odor and reduce oily buildup.
Ferret Care Checklist
- Remove wet spots or waste in bedding litter.
- If necessary, change any bedding/litter that is too soiled.
- Empty and wash her food bowl using warm water and a small amount of mild soap. Thoroughly rinse and dry the bowl before returning it to your pet's environment and filling it with food.
- Empty and wash her water bottle using warm water and a small amount of mild soap. To ease the cleaning of your pet's water bottle, use a bottle brush. Thoroughly rinse the water bottle before refilling it with clean, fresh water and returning it to your pet's home.
- Remove and replace all bedding and/or litter.
- Wash and disinfect the cage bottom and any toys. Nontoxic Cage Cleaner & Deodorizer such as Nature's Miracle Just for Ferrets (#29109) simplifies cleaning and leaves a fresh scent. As with all cleaners, rinse thoroughly and dry well.
- Wash and disinfect any cage accessories, such as climbing shelves, dens, or beds, per the manufacturer's cleaning instructions for each product. Rinse thoroughly and dry well.
While cleaning your pet's environment keep your small pet safely contained in an exercise pen or small traveling carrier. An empty cage is much easier to clean. You can keep your ferret occupied while in the pen by adding stimulating and interactive toys and treats like Pull-n-Go (#39991) or Liver Bites for Ferrets (#34155).