||Oral ivermectin paste for broad-spectrum control of horse parasites
||Effectively removes worms and bots with a single dose in all horses
||Easy-to-dose syringe delivers apple flavored paste horses love
Safe and effective broad-spectrum parasite control for horses. Save time and money and simplify essential routine parasite control. A single dose of Ivermectin Paste controls 35 combined species and stages of worms and bots including: large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids, hairworms, large-mouth stomach worms, bots, lungworms, and intestinal threadworms. Also controls "summer sores" caused by bots and dermatitis caused by neck threadworms. Easy-to-use syringe delivers apple-flavored paste horses love. Safe to use on all horses, including broodmares, breeding stallions, and young foals. 0.21 oz. will treat up to 1,250 lbs of body weight. For oral use in horses only.
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. Ivermectin Paste provides effective treatment and control of the following parasites in horses.
- Large Strongyles (adults) - Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessel), S. endentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorous spp. including T. brevicauda, T. serratus, and Craterostomum acuticaudium.
- Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds) - Coronocyclus spp. Including C. coronatus, C. labiatus, Cyathostomum spp. including C. catinatum, and C. pateratum, Cylicocyclus spp. including C. insigne, C. leptostomum, C. nassatus, and C. brevicapsulatus; Cylicodontophorus spp; Cylicostephanus spp. including C. calicatus, C. goldi, C. longibursatus, and C. minutus, and Petrovinema poculatum.
- Small Strongyles - Fourth Stage larvae.
- Pinworms (Adults and Fourth Stage larvae) - Oxyuris equi.
- Ascarids (adults, Third Stage and Fourth Stage Larvae) - Parascaris equorum.
- Hairworms (adults) - Trichostrongylus axei.
- Large-mouth Stomach Worms (adults) - Habronema muscae.
- Bots (Oral and Gastric Stages) - Gasterphilus spp. including G. intestinalis and G. nasalis.
- Lungworms (Adults and Fourth Stage larvae) - Dictyocaulus arnfieldi.
- Intestinal Threadworms (adults) - Stongyloides westeri.
- Summer Sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae.
- Dermatitis caused by Neck Threadworms microfilariae, Onchocerca sp.
Directions for Use
Dosage and Administration: One syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1250-lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) body weight. Each weight mark on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lb body weight.
- While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
- Make sure the horse's mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
Parasite Control Program: All horses should be included in a regular parasite control program with particular attention being paid to mares, foals, and yearlings. Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age, and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet your specific needs. Ivermectin Paste effectively controls gastrointestinal nematodes and bots of horses. Regular treatment will reduce the chances of verminous arteritis caused by Strongylus vulgaris.
Ingredients: Each syringe contains ivermectin - 1.87%
Product Advantages: Broad-spectrum control - Ivermectin paste kills important internal parasites, including bots and the arterial stages of S. vulgaris, with a single dose. Ivermectin Paste is a potent antiparasitic agent that is neither a benzimidazole nor an organophosphate.
Animal Safety: Ivermectin Paste may be used in horses of all ages, including mares at any stage of pregnancy. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility.
Warning: Do not use on horses intended for human consumption.
Not for use in humans. Keep this and all other drugs out of reach of children. Refrain from smoking or eating when handling. Avoid contact with eyes.
Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Ivermectin) has been formulated specially for use in horses only. This product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in dogs may result.
Environmental Safety: Ivermectin and excreted ivermectin residues may adversely affect aquatic organism. Do not contaminate ground or surface water. Dispose of the syringe in an approved landfill or by incineration.
Information for Horse Owners:
Swelling and itching reactions after treatment with Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Ivermectin) have occurred in horses carrying heavy infections of neck threadworm (Onchocerca sp. microfilariae). These reactions were most likely the result of microfilariae dying in large numbers. Symptomatic treatment may be advisable. Consult your veterinarian should any such reactions occur. Healing of "summer sores" involving extensive tissue changes may require other appropriate therapy in conjunction with Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Ivermectin). Re-infections and measures for prevention should also be considered. Consult your veterinarian if the condition does not improve.