||Clip quicker and safer with cordless freedom
||Stainless steel blade adjusts from fine to course
||All-inclusive kit includes charger, clipper oil, and blade guard
Rechargeable cordless equine clipper allows you to easily groom your horse anywhere. Easy-to-use clipper features an adjustable blade (adjust from fine to coarse coat lengths (10-30) to help reduce lines and is ideal for fast touch-ups and use on the bridle path, fetlocks, ears, and face. Lightweight, comfortable, quiet hand-held clipper allows for controlled grooming even with the most skittish or nervous horse. Memory-free 4 Nickel Cadmium batteries allow for 1 full hour of run time and won't lose battery life. Clipper can also be used with included cord for more time consuming grooming requirements. Comes equipped with dual voltage charger, clipper oil, and blade guard.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: Read all instructions before using this Andis clipper.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Except when charging, always unplug this appliance from the electric outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an Andis Authorized Service Station for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening. Insert only recharging transformer plug into any opening. Insert only recharging transformer plug into clipper receptacle.
- Do not use outdoors or operate when aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then to outlet. To disconnect, turn all controls to "off" then remove plug from outlet.
- Adjust voltage setting before connecting appliance to outlet.
Warning: During use, do not place or leave appliance where it may be (1) damaged by an animal or (2) exposed to the weather.
Save these instructions
This product is intended for household use
Please read the following instructions before using your new Andis clipper. Give it the care that a fine precision built instrument deserves and it will give you years of service. Before starting your clipper, make sure the battery has been fully charged. Remove blade guard. To start clipper move switch button to "on" position, to stop, move switch button back to original position.
Before starting you clipper, it must be pre-charged for 16 hours before using it for the first time.
To charge your clipper, remove clipper and transformer from packaging. Plug transformer directly into the clipper. Plug transformer into a 120V AC outlet, as according to your local power standards. The green light on the clipper will turn on. You can keep the clipper plugged into the charger when not in use. The clipper has 4 Nickel Cadmium batteries that cannot be damaged by overcharging. After initial use, unit should be charged overnight. We do, however, recommend that the clipper be unplugged if not in use for seven or more days.
When the clipper is running on a full charge the green light will remain on. When the batteries have run down, the red light will turn on, indicating the clipper should be recharged or used with the cord attached.
Attention: The product you have purchased contains a rechargeable battery. The battery is recyclable. At the end of its useful life, under various state and local laws, it may be illegal to dispose of this battery into the municipal waste stream. Check with your local solid waste officials (or call 1-800-822-8837) for details in your area for recycling options or proper disposal.
Proper Battery Disposal
Batteries may contain heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, and nickel, which can be harmful to the environment when improperly disposed of. Remove dead batteries from the unit and dispose of properly. Some communities offer recycling or collection of batteries - contact your local government for disposal practices in your area.
The internal mechanism of your clipper has been permanently lubricated at the factory. Other than the recommended maintenance described in this manual, no other maintenance should be performed, except by Andis Company or an Andis Authorized Service Station.
Care and Servicing of your Andis Clipper Blades
Blades should be oiled before, during, and after each use. If your clipper blades leave streaks or slow down, it's a sure sign blades need oil. The clipper should be held in a position shown in Diagram B to prevent oil from getting into motor. Place a few drops of Andis Clipper Oil on the front and side of the cutter blades. Wipe excess oil off blades with a soft, dry cloth. Spray lubricants contain insufficient oil for good lubrication, but are an excellent clipper coolant. Always replace broken or nicked blades to prevent injury. You can clean the excess hair from your blades by using a small brush or worn out tooth brush. To clean the blades, we suggest you immerse the blades only into a shallow pan of Andis Clipper Oil, while the clipper is running. Any excess hair and dirt that has accumulated between the blades should come out. After cleaning, turn your clipper off and dry blades with a dry cloth and start clipping again.
Factory Repair Service
When the blades of your Andis clipper become dull after repeated use, it is advised to purchase a new set of blades available through your Andis Supplier or through an Andis Authorized Service Station. If you wish your clipper to be serviced as well, it should be carefully packed and mailed either Parcel Post Insured, or U.P.S. to any Andis Authorized Service Station.
Replacement (Removal) of Blade Set
To remove the blades, first unplug the clipper from the electrical outlet. Turn the clipper upside down, so that the blade teeth are pointing down. You may want to place the clipper on a flat surface to do this. Unscrew the screws on the blade. Remove the blades. To replace the blades, put the smaller upper blade back into position. Line up the screw holes in the bottom blade with the two holes in the blade bracket, and replace screws. Do not tighten down screws completely. Turn clipper over and align lower blade so teeth on both blades are parallel, but with lower blade's teeth slightly above the upper blade teeth. Failure to do this may result in nipping the skin when cutting the hair.
Clipper Blade Adjustment
Your Andis adjustable clipper blade set is easy to adjust. From coarse to fine cuts, all that's needed is a flick of the adjustment level with your thumb. In the upright position, blades are set for the finest, or shortest cuts.
Clipping guide for standard Andis Blade (included)
Length of Cut
|With hair grain
|Against hair grain