The smart, secure way to let your dog go out and come in as he pleases. With a Dog Mate Dog Door, you'll enjoy increased peace of mind, knowing your dog can easily get into your yard to go potty, play, or relax whenever he wants to. The Dog Mate Dog Door is ideal for pet parents who work long hours, or for households with dogs who need to go outside to urinate on a frequent basis.
Dog Mate Dog Doors are designed for installation in all doors and walls up to 2" thick*. Choose from 2 dog door sizes, both of which include a lightweight, transparent, weatherproof flap that operates silently and seals with a magnetic closure. Door flap also features a brush-seal to keep out drafts and weather. When you're ready to lock/block access to the Dog Mate Dog Door, a 2-way locking panel provides security and makes it very obvious to your dog that the door is indeed locked.
Dog Mate Dog Doors include installation hardware and instructions, as well as a 3-year manufacturer guarantee.
||Door cutout dimensions
||Sutitable for pets
||11-3/8" wide x 13.75" high
||9.5" wide x 11.75" high
||Up to 18" shoulder height
||14-3/8" wide x 17-3/8" high
||12.5" wide x 15-3/8" high
||Up to 25" shoulder height
*Requires 3/32"-thick plastic sheet for lining walls over 2" thick.
Downloadable Dog Mate Dog Doors Instruction PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later - get it here for free)
Shop all dog doors.
- Remove locking panel from interior frame by simultaneously depressing the button marked 'PRESS' and lifting up. Place frame in required position where it will not be exposed to prevailing winds with tape as in Fig. 1 of the user manual. Note that the bottom of the aperture should be approximately level with your dog's stomach. Mark position of mounting bolt holes and draw around the aperture with a sharp pencil. Remove frame from door.
- Drill bolt holes with a 1/4" (6mm) diameter drill taking care to keep the drill square (Fig. 2 of the user manual). Note that for installation in walls and doors more than 2" (50mm) thick we recommend that you attach the frames using suitable screws (not supplied) and drill holes to suit.
- Mark a cutting line 3/8" (10mm) outside the aperture drawn in Fig. 1 of the user manual and drill a hole approximately 1/4" (6mm) diameter within each corner as in Fig. 3 of the user manual. Cut out along the cutting line with an electric jigsaw or similar tool taking care to cut square to the door.
- Measure thickness of your door and using a sharp knife or scissors cut along the nearest guideline on the four door liners to door thickness PLUS 3/4" (19mm). Do not trim off the notch(es) on the bottom door liner (Fig. 4 of the user manual). Also cut the mounting bolts supplied to your door thickness + 3/4" (19mm) using a hacksaw as in Fig. 4 of the user manual and file bolt ends for easy nut threading. For walls and doors greater than 2" (50mm) thick we recommend that you cut your own door liner using suitable 3/32" (2mm) plastic sheet (not supplied).
- Assemble 4 door liners into the slots provided in the exterior frame and tape temporarily in position as shown in Fig. 5 of the user manual. Note that the 'notched' door liner is fitted to the bottom of the frame with the notch(es) around the frame magnet(s). The door liners should be fitted with their smooth face innermost. Push rubber seal supplied into groove in exterior frame as shown, leaving a drainage gap at bottom centre.
- With the aid of a helper, assemble dog door in position with tape ensuring that door liners locate properly into interior frame. Then, fit nuts and bolts as shown in Fig. 6 of the user manual. Do not overtighten the fixing bolts. Check flap swings freely. If it does not, check frames are undistorted and that interior frame is aligned with exterior frame. Finally, cover fixings with the plastic caps supplied and remove temporary fixing tape.
- For added security, the 2 plastic pins should be inserted through the holes at the bottom of the interior frame into the locking panel.
This door is not designed to prevent the passage of children or small adults in either direction.
Clean using water only. Detergents and polishes may damage the plastic.