Vitamins can improve the health and the quality of your pet's life. Vitamins are as important for our pets as they are for us. They help regulate body processes, protect the body from environmental toxins, and break down nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, and fats so the body can utilize them. Vitamins work with minerals and enzymes for digestion, reproduction, muscle and bone growth, and maintenance of healthy skin and hair coat. All multivitamins for pets are not created equal. That's a fact. But how do you choose? How do you know a quality brand from one of lesser quality?
Qualities of a good vitamin
Did you know that taking too much of one vitamin can minimize, or eliminate the benefits of other vitamins? This is why a proper balance of vitamins is essential for your pet's good health. Other characteristics of quality vitamins include:
All of the products in the Lifestage Select® Multivitamins have these attributes. In addition, look at the ingredient list of multivitamin supplements to see from which sources the vitamins and minerals are coming. For instance, our Lifestage Select products contain:
- Addition of fatty acids for skin and coat, such as the Omega-6 fatty acid linoleic acid
- At least 14 essential vitamins including Vitamin A, B-Complex, D, and E. Some forms of certain vitamins, such as Vitamin E, also act as antioxidants that help maintain a healthy immune system
- Vitamins and minerals in the correct ratio for your pet's good health
- High palatability (Lifestage Select® formulas are all formulated as a delicious chewable tablet that will tempt the fussiest pet!)
Not all vitamin supplements contain these quality ingredients. Our advice to you is to check the label before giving any vitamin/mineral supplement to your pet. And, remember that whatever your particular pet's species or age, the right supplementation will help him live the best quality life possible.
Lifestage Select® Multivitamins have the right product for your pet, cat, or dog, no matter if he is a pup, an adult, a senior, or a super-energetic adult.
- B-Complex and zinc from Brewer's Yeast
- Calcium from whey
- Fatty acids from fish oil
- Ingredients, as much as possible, from natural sources
Lifestage Select Premium Adult Dog Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement by Drs. Foster & Smith includes all of the vitamins your pet needs for a healthy life. It is especially beneficial for very active animals and also for animals under a lot of stress. It's fortified with Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and ultra-trace minerals. When you give your pet any of our Lifestage Select Multivitamins, you can be assured that your pet is getting correct vitamins for his lifestyle and for his stage of life.