Keep outdoor pond areas free of annoying insects. Farnam Trap 'N Toss Insect Trap employs multiple feeding stimulants PLUS a pheromone attractant to lure, catch, and hold over 10,000 flies! Simply squeeze in the included attractant, add water and gently mix the solution in the trap and hang or place on the ground wherever flies are active. Agitate trap solution twice weekly for months of reliable use.
Farnam Trap 'N Toss Insect Trap attracts all types of flies, mosquitoes, gnats, and more. Trap measures 6-1/2" dia x 9" high and comes with one disposable trap and a packet of attractant. Not recommended for in-home use.
Shop all Pond Pest Control Products.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
- Bait and use trap outdoors.
- Remove attractant assembly from inside of trap cone.
- While holding trap upside down, tear open outside attractant packet.
- Drop water-soluble attractant pouch into trap. Handle with dry hands or use gloves. Do not open the inside pouch, it will dissolve in water. Add 16 fluid ounces of clean water up to fill line to activate attractant.
- Agitate lightly to disperse attractant.
- Slowly turn trap right side up, and hang or set on a flat surface outside in a sunlit area of high fly concentration when flies are active and where odors will not be a problem. For best results, place trap within four feet of the ground. In hot weather (above 90° F), place trap in shade for better results, in cooler weather, place trap in full sun.
- If placed on ground, be sure that at least ¼ inch of space is available between the trap body and ground so flies can enter.
- Replace trap when full of flies, or when trap contents dry out.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling.
Not for indoor use, nor for use against biting flies. Contents may give off bad odor; keep contents from coming in contact with hands or clothing.
- The trap contents should be agitated at least twice weekly to thoroughly wet all trapped flies.
- Add water as necessary to keep the fluid level 1/2 inch below the surface of trapped flies. Do not allow the trap to dry out.
- Without adequate agitation, fly larvae (maggots) may appear as a layer of dry dead flies accumulates in the trap. If this should occur, add one teaspoon of liquid dish soap and enough water to wet all flies thoroughly. Maggots will drown in soapy water.
- In areas having exceptionally hard water, using distilled or purified water may improve trap performance.
- In areas of heavy fly populations, use several traps in different locations.
- Never seal dead flies in a closed container. Doing so may result in a hazardous explosion.