Oster's Whisper-Quiet™ pivot motor is excellent for finish trimming around the ears, eyes and feet. Trimmer features an easy-grip plastic housing and narrow blade for precise control when edging and finishing. Its quiet operation turns skittish dogs into patient participants. Includes trimmer with narrow blade, blade oil, cleaning brush, and complete instructions. Cord length is 8 ft.
Shop all dog trimmers.
Operating the Trimmer or Clipper
- Apply a few drops of Oster Premium lubricating oil across the blades. Wipe off excess oil with a clean, dry cloth. Oil blades frequently during extended use to maintain sharpness.
- Plug in clipper into electrical outlet. Push ON-OFF switch to ON position.
- When finished clipping or trimming, turn off clipper and unplug from electrical outlet.
- Clean hair clippings from blades using cleaning brush. Wipe housing with clean, dry cloth.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug fits in a polarized outlet only one way. In the event the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. In the event it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Coil the electric cord and secure with paper (not metal) fastener. Store the clipper or trimmer in its original carton in a dry location.
Warning: The motor of your clipper or trimmer has been permanently lubricated at the factory. All service other than recommended blade maintenance must be performed by an authorized service station for any servicing or repair.
Like fine cutlery, the blades of this clipper or trimmer may become dull with extended use. Sharpening demands special skill and equipment. For genuine factory sharpening, send your blades to Oster Direct or to an authorized service center near you.
Removing or Replacing Blades
Unplug the clipper or trimmer from the electrical outlet before blade removal or replacement.
- Remove the two blade mounting screws from clipper or trimmer.
- Pull blade set forward and remove.
- Place new blade set into position on clipper or trimmer head. Position blade set to align screw holes to blade and housing.
- Tighten screws until snug but not tight.
- Be certain blade set is straight and centered. Tighten screws firmly.
Attaching Guide Combs
- Get front edge of blade started in comb track.
- Press palm of hand against comb and push comb onto blade. If there is resistance, place one drop of oil on inner side of comb. Use caution when pressing hand against comb. Use cloth pad in palm if necessary.
To maintain longer blade life, Oster recommends periodic cleaning and oiling, using Oster Blade Wash and Oster Premium lubricating oil. Oster also recommends the use of Kool-Lube III® during extended use.
Position the blade in a flat dish filled with just enough Blade Wash to cover only the blade. Turn on the clipper or trimmer and listen for change in the hum of the motors. As the build-up is removed, the clean blade runs faster and at a higher pitch. When the pitch stabilizes (30- to 60 seconds), turn off the clipper or trimmer and unplug. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe blade as dry as possible. Oil blades.
Carefully slide upper blade left or right far enough to place one drop of oil on each running rail of the lower blade. Excess oiling will cause hair to stick between teeth, slowing or jamming blades. While in use, spray Kool-Lube III lubricant through blade teeth while the trimmer is running.
See complete instructions for cautions and warnings.