||Customizable 5-stage filter for superior aquarium water quality
||Additional filtration stages for cleaner, clearer aquarium water
||Compartmentalized filter design allows quick easy maintenance
Modular multistage design elevates power filter performance to a class of its own. Fluval C-Series Power Filters are the world's first and only 5-stage aquarium power filter for superior water quality and clarity. Multi-stage filter boast two mechanical filtration stages; customizable chemical filtration stage and a dual biological filtration system that employs trickle-filter technology.
The Fluval C-Series Power Filters with patented refiltration system enables the power filter to slow the water output while simultaneously increasing filtration dwell time within the filter. The result is cleaner aquarium water and gentle water flow suitable for delicate fish and plants. Neatly compartmentalized filtration system offers ultimate ease of maintenance of each mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. Cleaning indicator rises when the Poly/Foam Pad requires rinsing. Quiet operation and simple to use power filter for freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
Packed with 5 stages of filtration to provide superior water quality (click Mechanical, Chemical, or Biological links for replacement media):
Stage 1 Mechanical
Porous Foam Pad captures large particles.
Stage 2 Mechanical
Poly/Foam Pad with dense poly layer filters out fine debris.
Stage 3 Chemical
Activated Carbon adsorbs unwanted odors, discolorations and impurities (Ammonia Remover and Zeo-Carb also available).
Stage 4 Biological
Bio-Screen blocks debris from entering the biological stage. The micro-weave core provides massive biological surface area.
Stage 5 Biological
Biological Trickle Chamber with
C-Nodes creates an oxygen-enriched environment for biological filter media to quickly reduce toxic ammonia and nitrite for a healthy aquarium.
Preparing Filter Inserts
(all inserts must be rinsed thoroughly).
Fluval Poly/Foam Pad
Slide the mechanical frame out of the filter body and rinse under tap water to remove any debris caused during shipment. Check to make sure the Poly/Foam Pad is inserted correctly, with the dense polyester side facing the grid on the frame.
- Fluval Activated Carbon: Remove Activated Carbon insert from its plastic shipping bag, and rinse pouch under tap water to remove any dust particles. Place pouch loosely into the chemical media basket. (Do not remove carbon from porous bag.)
- Fluval Bio-Screen: Rinse Bio-Screen under tap water, and place into Trickle Chamber cover. Note: The side with the large holes must face upwards.
- Fluval C-Nodes: Open poly bag and spread them evenly in the Trickle Chamber, then rinse under tap water. (Aquarium water is preferable if the aquarium is already established.) Replace Trickle Chamber cover. Note: Ensure C-Nodes are well positioned inside the chamber so that the cover closes perfectly.
- Filter Inserts Maintenance: NOTE: Regular replacement of Fluval filter inserts is essential to ensure optimum filter performance. The Fluval Poly/Foam Pad, Activated Carbon, Bio Screen and C-Nodes should be changed alternately in order to maintain continuous biological activity. To enhance bacterial action, pour a dose of Nutrafin Cycle Biological Aquarium Supplement (#120093) onto your filter inserts each time you change the media. Follow individual packaging instructions for recommended replacement intervals.
Attaching "U" tube
- Attach the telescopic intake tube to the "U" tube.
- Slide the "U" tube down into its place. Note: For deep aquariums, an additional extension tube can be purchased separately.
Installing Filter Inserts
- After preparing filter inserts, first slide the mechanical cartridge frame into the rear of filter case with the cleaning indicator to the right. Then slide the chemical basket and Trickle Chamber into the filter case.
Attaching Leveling Device
To ensure optimal operating performance, the Fluval C Power Filter must be level.
- Insert leveler into bottom of filter case.
- Mount Power Filter onto rear of aquarium, and adjust leveler by turning it to the required setting so that the filter sits perfectly in vertical position.
Power Filter Start-Up
- With the cover removed, fill the Power Filter case completely with water and replace cover.
- For the initial start-up and for a faster priming of the filter, adjust water flow control lever on the intake "U" tube to its minimum position.
- Plug power cord into electrical outlet. Allow a few seconds for priming (air being expelled from the "U" tube.)
- After priming has been completed, move adjustment control on "U" tube to adjust water flow rate to desired output level.
Important: Do not operate filter without water. For a correct filter installation, the minimum water level in the tank should be no more than 6cm (2.25 inches) below the aquarium rim. NOTE: For maximum filter operation and efficiency, regular cleaning of media is recommended every two weeks. Note: For an optimal performance, it is recommended to clean the impeller cover assembly once a year. The motor should be thoroughly cleaned every three months. When all parts have been cleaned and thoroughly rinsed, reassemble the filter and replace onto aquarium.
HOW IT WORKS
Unsurpassed Mechanical, Chemical, and Biological Filtration! The Fluval C-Series Power Filter draws water from the aquarium through the intake tube into the motor which then pumps water out of the impeller assembly. The motor pushes the flow of unfiltered water through filter inserts to trap particles, debris, and purify the water.
NEW 5-Stage Filtration System
A healthy aquarium requires "beneficial" bacteria. Invisible and harmless, beneficial bacteria are essential in the removal of toxic ammonia and nitrite. With cartridge filtration systems, when you throw away the cartridge, you throw away any beneficial bacteria. It can take weeks for the bacteria to re-colonize, resulting in a stressful environment. The Fluval 5-Stage filtration system is different. Only one of the filtration components is changed at a time. This ensures that the maximum amount of beneficial bacteria remains. There is never a sudden depletion of bacteria so biological filtration remains always at high effective levels.
Stage 1 & 2: Mechanical - Poly/Foam Pad
Effective mechanical filtration is essential for efficient chemical and biological filtration. The large surface area of the Poly/Foam Pad effectively performs two stages of mechanical filtration. The first stage of porous foam traps large particles and the second stage of dense polyester captures fine debris.
Note: The mechanical frame is equipped with a cleaning indicator located on the top portion of the frame. When fully visible the mechanical Poly/Foam Pad requires maintenance.
Stage 3: Chemical - Activated Carbon Insert
Fluval Activated Carbon Filter Insert contains 100% premium research-grade carbon. Premium research-grade carbon provides large amounts of surface area for adsorption of undesirable impurities. The activated carbon filter insert removes unwanted odors, discoloration and impurities, resulting in a crystal clear aquarium.
Stage 4: Biological - Bio-Screen
An additional hydraulic circuit conveys part of the intake water to the NEW innovative Bio-Screen placed at the top of the Trickle Chamber cover. Fluval's Bio-Screen removes any debris before dripping into the biological chamber. It also ensures that the water pumped to the Trickle Chamber is evenly spread through all areas before it drips on the C-Nodes, which are contained in the chamber. The motion of water dripping slowly through the grids mimics the rain. This process ensures that additional oxygen is dissolved into the water before returning to the aquarium for a more efficient biological filtration.
Stage 5: Biological - C-Nodes
The surface of the C-Nodes is made up of a complex pore system that provides optimal living space for beneficial bacteria to thrive and enhance the removal of ammonia and nitrates. The new "Star Shape" provides a higher filtration surface and more biological power than a traditional cartridge, resulting in a healthy aquarium environment.
Patented Refiltration System
Sometimes delicate fish and plants require a gentler water flow. Fluval's patented refiltration system allows you to control the flow rate without compromising filtration efficiency. When the flow rate is reduced, up to 50% of the water within the filter chamber is re-processed multiple times. More impurities are filtered out, creating a healthier tank with sparkling clean and clear water.