Rated 2 out of 5 by 1
Rated 2 out of 5
by Reeflextion Be very careful; Would not buy again
I purchased one of these about a year ago and thought they were fantastic at first. Did exactly what I wanted it to do. I never submerged this unit under water. They are suppose to be factory sealed against water but over time water humidity must have leaked in and destroyed the magnet causing the magnet to swell and crumble apart falling into my sump. My corals started to look terrible and found this to appear to be the culprit.
Be warned. I am not the only one who has had this issue and I am sure I will not be the last. If you purchase it, make sure to keep an eye on it.
Giving this a 2 as it did what it was supposed to do well. Just bad durability.
November 16, 2013