Celltei Pak-o-Bird Travel Carrier Small Color: Gold Size: Small
Great for traveling
I've had my Celtei Pak-o-Bird (medium) for over 5 years and absolutely love it for traveling with my African Grey parrot. She has always gotten into it willingly and says, "Riley go bye-bye" whenever I bring it out. I line the bottom with newspaper for easy cleanup. Even bought a baby-stroller to put the carrier in for walks in the neighborhood. Expensive but definitely worth it if you travel at all with your bird.
September 6, 2014
Could Not Be Happier
Ever since moving to the city, Bobbee Bird likes taking trips back to the suburbs to visit Mom and Dad. It's always carefully plotted - Bobbee in a carrying case, a travel cage, and any other items we wish to bring to Mom's house). I have had 4 different carriers for him, and none of them left me feeling secure. I was worried a strap would break, plastic would break, a handle would slip from my hand, someone would bump into me and squish him... from our condo, through the elevators or stairwell, I never felt 100% confident... until the Pak-O-Bird!
1) I was elated to find it was made in the USA - and when you receive it and open your box, you can tell immediately from the quality!
2) It is sturdy and you can adjust it for your bird's needs. Bobbee gets overwhelmed with too much stimulation, but likes to see what is going on.... Going from the car, down the elevator and back up to our unit, he likes the side panels/shades down and the main one open. He can see our neighbors and relish in the attention.
3) He also loves the perch and hiding at the bottom. The bottom is set a few inches down from the main zipper/window, so he can hide and poke out to look as he pleases.
4) So many options. The dishes are wonderful and you can adjust where the perch sits. You can also add toys. We added a ladder for 22-year old Bobbee so he can access the floor and perch easily. He can use the sides, but because of his age, we wished to make it easy on him.
5) Sturdy, clean, secure. There are even flaps over the zipper that velcro shut to assure all the main zippers won't get tampered with...
The only change I would/may make:
The bottom and front are attached with a very strong velcro. While I believe this is 100% secure, and the side zippers and secure tabs make it reliable, I wish it was a zipper. We have been out and about in this pak-o-bird and there is absolutely no sign of that Velcro (in the least) coming apart, but I may add a zipper.
There are a number of sturdy adjustments for the straps to wear as a backpack. This allows the pak-o-bird to sit as best as possible on your body. I am a slender 5'4"; I definitely use the security between each arm strap (it clasps together so they won't slip of your arms - very clever!)
You may hesitate with the price, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a bargain. The quality and the fact that it is made in the USA passed any expectations I had for this item. Other than the cost of little Bobbee, his cage and keeping him healthy everyday, this is by far the best "luxury" purchase I have ever made for him. He's safe and secure - nothing will break, slip, bump-n-squish or get in this Pak-O-Bird (I didn't even mention the stainless steal mesh and mosquito prevention!) I can't say enough good things about this carrier!
June 2, 2014
Beautifully constructed safe bird carrier
This is the "Cadillac" of bird carriers. It's easy to assemble and has all the features you would want in a carrier. I would highly recommend this product.
June 2, 2014