SeaView Gel 1 oz
I purchased this product when I changed the background on my 20 & 50gal tanks. It did what it claims to do. I say it is a must for adhearing a backgroud to the back of your tank (if you choose to use one). Just one vile did the trick. Hint: Use a credit card to get the bubbles out. It takes some patience but you should have plenty being an aquarium hobbyist!
February 24, 2012
I was a bit skeptical at first when trying this product. When I poured it onto my background I was like where is the rest of it there has to be more. However once I placed my background onto my aquarium I began to see it come to life. The key is to use a flat edged object. In my case I used a credit card and remove all bubbles and other lumps. After about twenty minutes of careful scrapping all I can say is WOW.........I LOVE this stuff.
August 24, 2011
I always had beautiful backgrounds on all of my aquariums and even though the designs where nice they always looked dull and some what recessed. They where there but distant and lifeless.Well on a friends reccomendation I decided to try Sea View Gel. All I could say was WOW what a difference. It was like night and day. The backgrounds came to life, they where actually there. If you want to see your background design in your aquarium come to life then try Sea View Gel. I would never set up another aquarium without it.
August 9, 2011
I have been using this for years and it is AMAZING!
I used this product for the first time in March of 2008 on my 120 gallon tank. To this day, the background still looks as good as it did the day I added it and is in perfect condition. I have used the same product on Seven additional fish tanks for my office. This entails Four Fluval Chi - 5 gallon tanks, Two 55 gallon tanks and one 10 gallon tank. The secret to the perfect background is as follows:
1. When purchasing your background, ensure you roll the side of the image inward. Do not use a Rubber Band to hold the roll. Use a small piece of tape.
2. Once you get home/office, unroll it, measure & trim, place it on the back of the tank for 1 day with Scotch Tape to reduce overall rolling.
3. Remove the background and lay it on a flat, smooth surface and spread the Sea View with a small cloth or a sponge.
4. Prior to placing it back on the glass, make sure you have cleaned the glass thoroughly. There should be no particles/dust in between the background and the glass.
5. Place the background on the fish tank and align all of the corners.
6. Take a plastic non sharp spatula like tool and starting in the center, push all air bubbles to the edges. You will see the Sea View drip out. This is normal. To make the task easier, make sure the fish tank light is on. This will allow you to see the air bubbles much easier.
I hope this helps.
June 18, 2011