Rethink filtration possibilities with greater energy efficiency and custom installation options. The innovative Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter employs the silent running
Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Inline Pump that boasts dual internal (in tank) or external (out-of-tank) use while drawing just 6-watts of electricity! Unique filter design eliminates the bulky motor head to maximize space for filter media as well as enhance maintenance convenience. Enjoy cleaner, clearer aquarium water and routine filter maintenance that's a breeze!
Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter features four preloaded media chambers and a filter cover with a quick-release Valve Block that doubles as a filter output regulator. Simply turn the valve to adjust filter flow rate and a 90-degree turn of the valve completely stops water flow into the canister filter. Water flow is cleverly diverted back into your aquarium, allowing the pump to maintain vital circulation in your aquarium even as you disconnect the canister for maintenance. Compact space-saving canister filter fits comfortably in aquarium cabinet stands and is great for freshwater, marine and reef aquariums as well as aquatic terrariums and vivarium setups. Use multiple Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filters to suit the filtration needs of larger setups.
Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter comes complete with E-X-T Inline Pump, 5/8" ID tubing, Intake and Return Pipes with Intake Strainer and Return Spout (Deflector), Elbow Fitting and Suction Cups. Comes preloaded with filter media for convenient setup.*
Customize your Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter with these optional Cobalt Aquatics products!
- Cobalt Aquatics Micro-UV Clarifier - Ultra compact 3-watt UV clarifier boasts easy inline installation for a hassle-free UV upgrade that keeps aquarium water clean and free of green water algae.
- Cobalt Aquatics Zeolite Filter Media - Must-have chemical filter media for freshwater aquariums keep toxic ammonia at bay. Removes ammonia as well as odors and heavy metals.
- Cobalt Aquatics Activated Carbon - Pre-rinsed and pre-bagged activated carbon available in varied pore sizes. Premium Pellets with macro-pore activated carbon delivers longer activity while Premium Granules with micro-pore activated carbon removes impurities quickly. Premium Blend combines macro- and micro-pore activated carbon for fast-action that lasts for weeks.
- Cobalt Aquatics Anti-Nitrate Filter Resin - High-capacity nitrate removing media rapidly removes nitrate for improved aquarium water quality. Pre-bagged resin media can remove up to 30 mg/l of nitrate on the first day of use and up to 5 mg/l for 15 days.
- Cobalt Aquatics Biological Filter Media - Available in two innovative choices. Cobalt Aquatics Ceramic Rings boast tremendous surface area for nitrifying bacteria. Great for larger aquarium filtration systems. Space-saving Bio-Globes can compress from 0.95" to 0.86" without reducing flow through the media for versatile installation options without compromising performance.
- Cobalt Aquatics Anti-Phosphate Filter Resin - Pre-bagged phosphate removing media rapidly removes phosphate to restore aquarium water quality and aesthetics. Fast-acting phosphate removing media can remove up to 0.8 mg/l of phosphate on the first day of use and up to 0.25 mg/l on day 10.
|Fine Finishing Pad
||Fourth Stage Water Polishing Mechanical Filtration
||Third Stage Biological Filtration
||Second Stage Chemical Filtration
||First Stage Mechanical Filtration
|E-X-T Canister Filter
||8" x 8" x 13" high
||4 x 1.3 L capacity
Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter Owner's Manual PDF and
Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter Installation Choices PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Please click "More Information" for instructions.
Assembly and Startup
The Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter can be installed in three ways depending on the operation type. It is recommended to install a pre-filter in a form of a sponge cartridge or filter on the Intake Strainer (Notice: Pre-filter is not included).
Installation Method One: The Intake Pump is installed inside the tank onto its wall and performs the function of a pump supplying the filter with water. This is the installation method recommended for fish tanks.
Installation Method Two: The Intake Pump is installed outside of the tank lower than the aquarium water levels and performs the function of a flow pump. This installation method is recommended for standard fish tanks. However, it is crucial to prime the pump by sucking the water in the intake hose prior to starting the pump.
Installation Method Three: The Intake Pump is installed inside the tank to its bottom and performs the function of a pump supplying the filter with water. This installation method is recommended for aquariums with low water levels.
The Intake Pump requires regular cleaning of the impeller in order to remove potential mechanical impurities from the impeller's chamber.
To perform this action after disconnecting the device from the power outlet, the Pump Cover should be twisted off with a counterclockwise movement; the Impeller Cover should then be removed. After removing the impeller, it should be cleaned together with the Impeller Chamber using a soft brush.
In the case of the pump operating outside of the tank as a flow pump, it is recommended to regularly maintain the gasket placed under the Impeller Cover by its thorough cleaning and lubrication with an aquarium-safe lubricant.
Filtration Cartridges inside the filter should be regularly washed in water removed from the aquarium (not in tap water). First cleaning should be performed after two months from the first filter start, next in case of such need signalized with noticeable decrease of the device efficiency.
In order to ensure optimal filter operations, it is recommended to replace the filtration cartridges at least one every 12 months.
In case of such need, the pump casing can be cleaned of algae or scale depositing on the pump using a soft tissue or sponge.
Filter output regulation is performed by turning the Steering Unit clockwise in the range of 0 to 90 degrees. Turning the Steering Unit by a full 90-degrees will stop the water flow completely and allows for safe removal of the filter from the casing without the necessity to disconnect the pump from the electrical outlet.
Notice: In order to ensure long and failure-free filter operation, it is recommended to replace three gaskets: under the Steering Unit, under the Filter Chamber Cover, and under the cover of the Intake Pump.