Hydor Bravo Power Filters
(Model 200 also includes additional media container. Model 300 includes two additional media containers. Models 200 and 300 include extension tube for deeper aquariums.)
- Filter lid
- Flow adjuster
- Disposable filter cartridge with carbon bags
- Filter body with pump and priming chamber
- Intake tube
- Adjustable strainer
- Before installation, disconnect power to all electrical equipment in the aquarium.
- Hang the filter from one of the walls of the aquarium. For deeper aquariums, add the extension tube (Models 200 and 300 only) to the intake tube and then add the adjustable strainer.
- Fill additional media container(s) (Models 200 and 300 only) with media of your choosing.
- After filling the container, put it back in place keeping the spacers toward the waterfall output. Place the tubes into the filter body, and pour one or two glasses of water (about 16 oz.) into the filter itself.
- Turn the flow adjuster knob to the position MAX and plug in the filter. Remember to plug other electrical equipment back in, as well.
Replacing filter cartridge
Replace filter cartridge(s) every 2-4 weeks for best results. Unplug your filter, remove the filter lids, and take out the cartridge from the filter body. Remove the blue stem from the used cartridge. Insert the blue stem in the new cartridge. Place the new cartridge in the filter. Replace lid. Plug unit back in.
We recommend you clean both the moving parts and the filter system regularly, to guarantee perfect functioning and greater appliance life.
- Unplug Bravo and all other electrical aquarium equipment immersed in the aquarium.
- Remove the lid from the filter, take out the intake tube and then the filter cartridge, pulling it delicately out of the filter body. Unhook the filter from the wall of the aquarium and empty the water left inside back into the aquarium.
- While keeping the filter in a vertical position with the waterfall facing you, rotate the pump clockwise 90 degrees, then pull it gently downward. Slide the rotor from its seat and wash everything in running lukewarm water.
- Do not use soaps or detergents of any kind.
- Replace rotor chamber into the filter body and insert the rotor into its seat. Hook the pump to the filter body in the following fashion: holding the filter in a vertical position with the waterfall facing you and the power cable to your right, carefully insert the pump into its seat, paying attention not to damage the "O" ring, until it is securely in place. Then rotate it counterclockwise 90 degrees.
- Reassemble all the other components in the opposite order you removed them.