A clean, dry, hospitable home is paramount to your small pet's health. Be sure your small pet has a spacious, secure, ventilated, chew-proof home containing the basics: proper
bedding, food and
litter box with organic litter like
Kay-Kob, if necessary.
Aspen bedding and other natural materials that do not contain irritating oils or preservatives are ideal. Place
cage in a bright, accessible location away from direct sunlight, very young children, and other pets.
Maintaining a clean, comfortable pet home requires minimal time and effort. Following is a typical cleaning schedule:
- Remove wet/mess spots in bedding/litter.
- Change bedding/litter if necessary.
- Wash food bowl and supply fresh food.
- Wash water bottle/bowl and refill.
- Remove and replace all bedding and/or litter.
- Wash and disinfect cage bottom and toys. Non-toxic Cage Cleaner & Deodorizer simplifies cleaning and leaves a fresh scent. As with all cleaners, rinse thoroughly.
Keep your pet safely contained and entertained during cleanings with a Run-About Ball.
To further enhance your pet's comfort, add a cozy hideaway like Super Sleeper Critter Cuddl-E-Cup
. If you use a cage with a mesh bottom, cover a portion of it with fabric or a piece of wood to prevent foot injuries. Plus, if you keep your pet outdoors, be sure to bring him in during the cold months.