This is for those of you who don't have decent food processors, or who would like an easy to make alternative to real chicken based duck soup. It's great for putting weight on sick ferrets, and works well as a recovery soup.
|These chicken gravy and duck soup recipes have been submitted by ferret owners like you. They are not endorsed by Doctors Foster and Smith. If your ferret is ill or you have any questions or health concerns about your ferret, please seek medical attention. In addition, always consult your veterinarian before giving your ferret a new food.
What you will need:
- 2 cans of Science Diet A/D (available only at your veterinarian's office)
- 3 jars of Gerber's Chicken & Chicken Gravy Baby Food
- 2 Scoops of Nupro
- 2 baby food jars of water
- 1 big squirt of FerreTone (if your ferrets like it)
- 3 tsp. of Nutri-Cal, FerretVite, or some other high calorie supplement (don't use if your ferret has Insulinoma) - optional
What to do:
Combine A/D, Baby food, water, Nupro, and Nutri-Cal/FerretVite in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add FerreTone, and blend again. Empty into ice cube tray or container (place in freezer or fridge respectively). This will make about enough for 2 - 3 days if you have multiple ferrets, and probably about a week if you have 1 ferret. I find my ferrets like it best heated to room temperature before serving.
Back to the main page.