Smart Savings for Reef Aquarium Success
Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium supplements play a vital role in maintaining thriving coral reef aquariums. Discover the many advantages, including cost-saving benefits, Drs. Foster & Smith Bulk Reef Supplements offer reef hobbyists.
Why Dose Reef Aquariums with Supplements?
For active growth, corals require a stable environment with a steady supply of calcium, carbonates/bicarbonates, and magnesium. For most reef hobbyists, the only way to ensure a continuous source of these elements is through routine supplementation. While there are several methods to reef supplementation
including a wide variety of prepared reef supplements, buying our quality bulk reef supplements has many advantage - including a distinct financial one.
Benefits of Drs. Foster and Smith Bulk Reef Supplements
- Versatile: Our bulk reef supplements have been carefully selected so hobbyists of all experience levels can maximize their use. Utilize our supplements individually, or experienced aquarists can build upon each product to employ an advanced 2-part calcium and alkalinity supplementation program or even the 3-part Balling supplementation method! To address single parameters, use our Calcium Chloride to raise calcium levels in reef aquariums, Sodium Carbonate and/or Sodium Bicarbonate to maintain ideal alkalinity pH levels, and finally our Magnesium Chloride or Magnesium Sulfate to supplement magnesium levels important for coral as well as desirable macroalgae growth.
- Concentrated: Why pay for water? While prepared reef supplements are extremely convenient, what are you really paying for when you purchase liquid solutions? Our dry bulk reef supplements deliver concentrated results. Just one teaspoon of our bulk Calcium Chloride will produce a 10 gallon solution that will raise calcium levels by 50 ppm.
- Made in the USA Quality: All of our bulk reef supplements are made in the USA to ensure quality you expect and deserve.
- Smartly Priced: Don't let the cost of routine supplementation eat into your aquarium budget. Unlike other supplementation methods, our bulk reef supplements are designed to minimize costs while maximizing results. For example, setting up a calcium reactor can become costly as it requires the purchase of numerous additional equipment and components such as a pH controller and a CO2 system for proper operation. Prepared reef supplements are a smart choice for dosing smaller or midsized aquariums, but costs can quickly add up when dosing multiple aquariums or very large reef aquarium systems.
Advanced Dosing Techniques
- A 2-part calcium and alkalinity supplementation program can be employed using our Calcium Chloride and your choice between Sodium Carbonate and Sodium Bicarbonate (or in combination) based on preference and your alkalinity and pH needs. To achieve ideal calcium levels between 400 ppm and 450 ppm, make sure aquarium alkalinity is kept between 8 and 12 dKH to maintain proper calcium and alkalinity balance.
- A 3-part Balling supplementation program can be employed by adding your choice between our Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate (or in combination) to the aforementioned 2-part calcium and alkalinity supplementation program. Maintain magnesium levels between 1,250 and 1,350 ppm in addition to the previously mentioned levels for calcium and alkalinity for proper balance between these three elements.
- Automate your 2-part or 3-part supplementation program using the Eshopps IV Dosing Pump. The 2-channel micro-computer-controlled
master dosing pump is perfect for 2-part reef supplementation programs. For 3-part supplementation programs, upgrade the Master Unit with a 3-channel IV-300 Slave Unit.
Before beginning any supplementation regimen, always test your aquarium for the particular element you wish to supplement to establish a baseline.
Furthermore, test, monitor, and record aquarium parameters before and after supplementation to ensure proper levels and to develop a strong command over how supplementation affects your specific system.
Drs. Foster & Smith Calcium Chloride
Drs. Foster & Smith Sodium Bicarbonate
Drs. Foster & Smith Sodium Carbonate
Drs. Foster & Smith Magnesium Chloride