|These chicken gravy and duck soup recipes have been submitted by ferret owners like you. They are not endorsed by Doctors Foster and Smith. If your ferret is ill or you have any questions or health concerns about your ferret, please seek medical attention. In addition, always consult your veterinarian before giving your ferret a new food.
Take four boneless chicken breasts and place in a medium size pan of boiling water for 15 minutes. Save and include liquid. Run all contents through an ice crushing capable blender until you are able to run it smooth on 'liquefy.' Add two full tubes of FerretVite or Nutri-Cal, 1/2 cup FerreTone, and 4 tablespoons olive oil.
Now obtain, and prepare the following. This is what saved my guys along with the antibiotic therapy. Recipe courtesy of Dee Harris (Aukukas).
- 1 Capsule DHEA 25 mg. (Do not use for breeding stock)
- 2 Papaya enzyme
- 1 capsule vitamin E 400 IU (Use the d-alpha NOT the dl-alpha)
- 1 tablet chromium 200 mcg.
- 1 capsule Co-Enzyme Q 10 10 mg. to 30 mg.
- 2 capsules Pau D'Arco 505 mg. ea.
- 1 capsule Alpha lipoic acid 50 mg.
- 1 tablet B complex
- 1 Tables. powdered brewer's yeast
- 4 capsules Echinacea
- 4 capsules Slippery Elm
- 2 capsules Cranberry
- 1 capsule Milk Thistle
- 2 capsules Dandelion Root
- 1 tablet Alfalfa concentrate (500 mg.)
- 4 capsules Nettle
- 1 capsule Acidophillus culture
- 1 Tables. FerreTone
- 3 cc. Liqui-Tinic x4, or 6cc. Pet Tinic (at your veterinarian)
- 2 cups high quality kitten food (Iams), or ferret food
- 3 cups water or pedialyte (if dehydrated). Use pure spring water only. Do not use pedialyte if your ferret is insulinomic. Use pure water only.
All of the above are available at a health food store.
After this has set for an hour or more, put in a food processor or blender for about 3 minutes until it is smooth and no lumps. Put it in 1/2 cup yogurt containers (makes about 18) and freeze for future use.
Back to the main page.