- Rabbits are not rodents. They belong to a family called "lagomorphs."
- Rabbits are nocturnal and therefore are active between dusk and dawn.
- Domestic rabbit's lifespan is 8-12 years.
- Rabbits learn litterbox habits easily.
- Rabbits are social animals and need the companionship of humans as well as affection
- When a rabbit is happy, she will click her teeth.
- If your rabbit has an outdoor hutch, bring her indoors at night to protect her from nocturnal predators.
- Rabbits under one year of age are more adventurous and therefore must be observed more than older rabbits.
- A rabbit licks and nibbles on her owner to express affection.