|Clean your yard daily or every other day to prevent:
You have many choices when it comes to cleaning up your yard. You can choose to hire a pick up service or do it yourself. Products you may find useful include Dispoz-A-Scoop, pet waste shovels or rakes with pans, or any in-ground digester system.
- Coprophagia (stool eating). What your dog can't find, he can't eat.
- Chronic intestinal worms. If your dog is eating feces or constantly stepping in it he may get infested again and again with worms and other parasites that live in the feces.
- A nasty fly problem. Let's face it, feces draws flies and flies will land on your dog and cause painful bites on noses and ears. Bites can lead to itching, itching to scratching and scratching to higher veterinarian's bills. Pick up the feces and control flies.
Clean up your dog's waste on walks because:
Take a plastic bag (or handy Dispoz-A-Scoop) with you on your walks. Dispose of them in the nearest waste receptacle or your own trash can.
- It will make you a better neighbor.
- It will keep the dog community healthier. Remember, this dog community includes your dog.
- It will keep your dog and others from spreading germs. Dangerous microbes like Salmonella, Parvovirus and Coronavirus thrive on feces. Many owners allow their dogs to sniff other dogs' feces, but it is not a good idea since so many diseases are transmitted by feces.
Picking up after your pet, whether in your own back yard or as you walk down a city street or park, is not only the responsible thing to do, it can also prevent the occurrence of many problems. And it is so simple.